Side Story 2: Capturing The Knight

*This story occurs sometime during the five year time skip after the colonization attempt.

Ostium PoV

"Halie where are you ya little runt you still need to help me do maintenance on the gates!" I cried out in frustration. Where the hell is that cat?

"Nyaaa! You bastard I swear I'll get you for this!" A voice resounds from the hallway. Okay I totally know where this is heading, she probably is trying to beat that game again. I dash right to the parlor and there I saw her getting quite upset over the otome game Radiant Hearts Academy.

"Oi you irresponsible cat what the heck do you think you're doing! Xentisia has been waiting for hours regarding your report and surveillance."

"Uwaahhh! Master this guy is being so mean!" Halie fusses over and grabs my hand.

"Oi!"

"Nyahahahaha the prince was so mean, as I though master is definitely the one" She says in fake tears acting all melodramatic.

"I though you said that you were over those types of things."

"But that asshole prince kept staring at me as if he were saying fight me. And there is no way I'm gonna back down in a fight against a fictional and sparkly prince!" Halie says with drive.

"Okay you see that's the problem, recently you've been slacking off and trying to beat this game, well not only this game but the others as well." This girl seriously. I should have took and looked after her properly.

"Jeez so annoying!"

"Nyaaa!" She says as she puts on her kitty eyes, a look that for some reason I'm quite weak to. Why that little kitty how dare she!.

"Master! Please make the stupid prince repent, he killed me again." Halie cries out in disdain. Okay this is getting nowhere, I grab the collar of her shirt and dragged her out of the room.

"Nyaa! Lemme save!"

"No way! Not until you finish with your responsibility young lady!"

"Uuuuuh..."

She did her duties after I stern,I gave her an earful, apparently she has been in that room for about two earth days, so in Impartorious it's about four days. She does her duties like giving reports and surveillance. Being my disciple she has technically the same powers like I do but much weaker. She does this so throughout the day, and since I don't have anything relevant to do I decided to invite Holia for funsies.

I grabbed some papyrus and the special ink I have and then cast messaging gate. There I wrote in the paper telling her to get her ass in my place for something urgent, the urgency being that I'm quite bored and she needs to keep the great me preoccupied for the duration of time.

After writing that message I waited for that questionable girl to come over, though Halie will get jealous if she does find out that I invited another girl besides her. Heck she even has a field day and whines about it. But then again that may be just Halie's attitude changing and developing for better or worse. But that being said.

I walked towards the living room and there stood the cartilage with the game still running. Now I don't know if I'm just bored or not but something compelled me to try the game. Though technically it is a glimpse of the how the future northern kingdoms of Vargaya may look like but hey if it is a dating sim or something at the very least it can keep me preoccupied until that girl or Halie returns.

I sit down in front of the TV and reset the game, as I did there was the title screen with all its glory with still the capture targets in the background grayed out. The title of the game flashes on screen along with the cutesy menu. Seriously this girl spent four days playing this game and still got no one, that is just so sad.