Chapter 7: The Chieftain's Encounter and Resolution

So Heyyyyyy

Here is another chapter

Enjoy

Lolololol
***
Roi POV

It was not long ago that we were forced to leave our homes.Many of us lost the means to live when they had come by. I still remember that dreadful day when they came. While many lost their loved ones and family in that ordeal.

I for one that day lost everything my mother and father I was the only one left.

Our town, though small was lively, quaint,simple and fun, many people rushing in and out of the city, men hunt for stag and fowl in the forest as means of survival some even spare them and feed them in hopes that they reproduce while using quick growing wild grass as fodder.
The women went as far as the other forests to pick and gather fruits and berries as the land we lived on was not fertile enough to plant on.

Kids were often found playing and some even trying to catch fish found near the banks of the river

Some time ago it was winter in our town, the winds were cold and food was scarce as many potential prey were in hiding as snow started to fall.

Winter was a dire time for the town as it was hard to find food.

That time me and the other young men and women were hunting and foraging . I was quite inexperienced when it came to this but was made the leader of the troupe. And during this time little did I know that my life that I lived would be crushed in shambles.

We were doing such things when all of a sudden a messenger from town urged us to return for a disaster had destroyed the village.

At the sudden announcement we immediately left with him but none were prepared fr what we were about to see.

We rushed back to the village and from far away  the burning charred remains of the once loving town that provided us warm can be easily seen from the white snow, that moment we knew everything we had lived for was gone.

As in the middle of winter the town was ransacked and burned leaving everything in ruin.

Houses and shops in were set ablaze, several animals loose or burned it was a huge mess.

It seems like the culprits left just moments ago.

Me and the others rushed to the once lively town to survey the damage and quelling the flames preventing them to reach the port.

I  of course went to my parents house only to find it in ruins and ashes along with the charred remains of what seemed to be my father. And my mother's lacerated body was found in the remains of the kitchen.

Looking at the scene it seems that there some sort of struggle.

She was likely done in and raped by those damn bastards

I writhed in agony  and anger for some time at the loss of my parents but I seeing the

Though only a few escaped mostly young children and several people close to my age, none of the older ones were left alive since the survivors stated that several women and children were taken and men and others were killed or burned along with the town.