Chapter 4: What's in the woods

Yo People of this world  So here is another update and what not please do leave comments on what you guys think of this story 

Also depending if I get motivation I may post the next chapter sooner :P

if not give me a day or two

Peace out :)

***

Sandalphonia's PoV

I woke up from sleep staring at the forest covered sky, and judging from the sun lazily  ascending with its light slowly touching the darkness its already daybreak.

Well sleeping on one of the many benches in the ruins proved to be something but at least it was better than lying on the dust bug filled ground.

Lying down looking at the morning sky I began my mind began to wander

It has been a month since I began my preparations to welcome people to this forest. Preparations were going well... at least I think it is as I used Forest Magic to accelerate the growth of many fruit, however what shocked me was not only it did speed up the growth but the trees that I have used it on altered and became enchanted.

I found this out by eating one of the fruits that it produced tasted different and that the moment I ate it I felt a sudden surge of energy.

I know that this was so not normal and consulted the scroll bastard and along with his jokes and unnecessary comments he tells me that it is due to using too much of my powers on the trees.

Not only that but he mentions that the trees are emitting some kind of magic and although this magic is generally good and states that the it may have a twisted and bizarre effect to the environment like creating and luring monsters to the forest and the like as a price for making 

Well as they say too much of a thing is quite bad but at the same time goo as well? In certain ways...

This guys the scroll bastard, he is a nice guy helps me and even answers my questions apart from that one where he refuses until 'all is ready' and stuff. 

Though I really can't deal with this guy who calls me shota jail bait and the like, he really is just a guy who like to mess with me and throws in some advice every now and then.

Though I think he has other ulterior motives.

As I thought the suns rays began to shin in the ruins.

I stood up and walked towards where the urns were, I checked them out and noticed that several of them were fixed and filled with liquid...water maybe?

This is not the first time this has happened 

I stood there drowsily for a few seconds staring at said urns.

Really?I get the strange vibe that it seems like even small things  get handed to me by a silver platter, and that in itself makes me quite suspicious about the things that are going around me.

Especially when that scroll bastard..

Deciding to be weary I decided to ask the scroll bastard.

"Hey scroll bastard what is up with these suspicious and convenient things that are happening to me "

Though it takes quite awhile than usual the scroll begins to shine.

Where was he did he go to the bathroom or something.

Enjoy the little things young one 

Wait isn't way way off? His replies usually have some form of sass in them

The scroll shone again

You like it don't you

Yeah.... asshole

The scroll shines again

lighten up since you you're gonna be busy, you may not see it now but these small convenient things help you ya know especially when you start looking over sentient mortals and help them rise.

 Okay there is something way off about this, dude did you wake up in the wrong side of bed? 

A side note but also did you forget how to spell?

I pondered awhile and decided it was not something to be bothered about as of now.

An the scroll shines again.

By the way take a bath and wash your clothes you look and smell like a brat

......

At the river

Fully naked I had just finished bathing and was sitting near the shallow parts washing and letting my clothes dry out

After I finished I decided to just stay partly submerged in the water, as there might be dangerous beings peeking about.

Well the forest is filled with many things especially if one were to explore properly.

for instance I found this river when I was scouting and familiarizing the forest as a whole, I need to do so if I want to create a kingdom here. 

Along with that I found that the forest was quite huge it has one main river connecting to many streams, with the ruins I claimed somewhere at the center, the river has many  twists and turns and it so happens it twists quite close to my base.

Not only that but I encountered many animals here such as hares, wild chicken, some peafowl, a huge variety of song birds, several birds of prey some of which have magic abilities.

Not only that but the monsters as well, there were goblins, trolls, monster wolves that roam in packs, and many insect themed monsters and kobolds.

Though these are titular pests they never seem to approach me and those who did, well I never did kill the i just used Forest Magic to ensnare and tie them up with branches, as killing them will leave the forest floor quite bloody.

As usual you have common trees like apples, oranges oak,maple and pine scattered throughout the woods with many trees which I can't identify.

Screwing around in the forests seems fun but I have a job to do.

I rose up and dashed towards the path to the ruins..

Oops I forgot my clothes were still drying.

Can't forget about 

But first I really need to dry my clothes.

Haaah its a long sunny day and how long is it gonna be...

***

Okay I know it is a boring chapter but the good news is the next one we will finally meet some new characters 

Hurray LOL

So Please Leave any comments and even questions don't feel free to ask XD even PM me if you want

I will post again real soon

Ciao :P

golden_snake-san