Chapter 33: The Desert's Situation

Xentisia PoV

It has been a little over a year since I last left the desert, last time I did I left to see a good friend of mine in the forest westward. Last I saw of him he was dealing with problems in his forest heck I even received a call for help from that Holia who mentioned that if I was free I should go to his territory to help him. But a part of me says otherwise back then, not to mention the sudden shock I received during the night before that little skirmish.

I find it quite annoying that he would make small fights like that a big deal but hey its his territory and i really don't have any right to judge.

Anyway back to what happened, during that night I felt a a number of beings entering the desert, unlike the kid's barriers in the forests I can easily feel them through the sand, a new skill I acquired after my appearance grew. As with normal people passing on these foots steps shifted the sand in a different way, though their steps were similar to a human the foots steps sort of rocked the sandy ground, and me being the protector of the desert can feel that with ease.

Rather than head directly to them I decided to wait until they stopped which they did as the sun rose, then from my ruins and pedestal dashed in an instant towards them. By the time I reached them the heat was in full swing which led them to cover up. As they rested and sleep. Thankfully they were heavy sleepers.

I took a closer look at the people about three hundred of them even more were travelling across the desert, not to mention they were of mixed number, however what caught my attention was the strange appendages that seemed to be present on them, they looked like horns but when I decided to feel one of them out of curiosity the horns felt more like rocks and crystals not only that but some of these appendages either looked like horns, crystal circlets or crowns. Heck their colors were not even that of horns, mostly brown black and copper with additional colors of lighter shades along the linings. Though they look like humans those big horn like things made them stand out.

With my curiosity whispering on me to continue observing these beings so I then hid myself  by swirling a small sand vortex around me until dusk, I don't know if you lot know this but for me to stay hidden or invisible I need to stand in a sandstorm, and small sandy winds count as well.

It wasn't until late afternoon when some of then woke up, seriously how could they stay so naive in the desert you people could get raided and attacked viciously, heck they were't assigning guard shifts. They woke up and ate and drank and started to move. With me following them as they went through, when I followed them as the night came there I learned of their situation from gathering what I understood, they were beings known as the Cornibucrysts. Man that's a mouth full I'll call them Cornicrysts.

Now these people were quite unique and strange on their own, they wore hooded robes often, in a place like a desert well that's sort of a problem especially in mid day. Many of them as well are quite conservative when it comes to clothes on certain seasons. Which was something I was  not used to. Now if you think elves are conservative with their own prideful nature messing it up these guys sort of take it to another level. Heck even their small laws were something else. like you people need to where long sleeved coats when outside and the like. Which was something I could sort of work with.

I also learned of their current situation, they hailed from the north and was forced to move due to the war and rode their boats in which it lead them in this place, they have been traveling in foot and that they were running out of water and food.

Since they were pitiful I sort of used dust devils to forcefully guide them using dust devils and sandstorms to a large oasis that was quite close by to my temple, just a one hour walk to it. They should be glad I did that, despite their irksome comments on how crappy the desert is.