Chapter 43: Repelling The Colonization pt.3

In the shores by the desert, one of the galleons came towards the desert beach. From the safety of their ship, the Perroweissian crew could monitor the state of the sea safely with out the probability that they would be attacked.

One of the crew members peers through their telescope, and sees the Cornicrystians by the desert shore and cliffs watching them really closely.

"Captain we have a proper visual! About a hundred of those horned wretches are waiting by the shore!" The crew member reports.

"Aye! , I shall signal the when to fire so keep a close eye on them..."

"Ehh but aren't they just weak wretches from the north as well?"

"We can't afford to be cocky, I'd like to keep my crew free of casualties..."

Compared to the other two ship captains who would foolishly charge with the assumption weak enemies, this captain was a veteran in sea travel and route navigation. Therefore he could not help but be weary, especially since he noted the Cornicrystian's attitude and behavior to be way odd, back then these people would turn the other way and flee if there were enemies that were far superior to them, with the fear that their horns be cut off with the purpose of being a type of fuel for magic for the northerners in their petty and foolish wars.

"Drift a bit closer, enough for our cannons to cover their range..." The captain orders the crew.

Slowly the ship begins to raise its sails and push forward slowly. But little did they know that this was the signal that the Cornicystians were waiting.

From the shore the Cornicrysts prepared their secret weapon, a weapon given by the deity of the desert through the form of a new type of magic born to all Cornicrystians with varying amount of strength for each individual.

The chief of the Cornicryst and several others then shouts out while pointing towards the ship."He who governs the laws of the world, lend us the power to judge those who have wronged and violated the innocent! [Retribution Magic] Chains of binding, ensnare those who seek to evade our justice!"

From their index finger a large magical circle came and then from it in an instant hooked blades attached by chains suddenly came out firing towards the closing ship much like harpoons. Most of which hit the ship near where the cannons shoot. While a few missed or never made it to the ship.

"Ughhh..." A Cornicryst soldie grumbles as his spell does not even make it halfway.

"Don't worry and try again until you succeed, we need all of the man power we can get, defense squad be weary they may be firing their enchanted cannons." The chief yells.

"Ouuu!!" The crow rallies on.

The defending desert people were similar in numbers when compared to the the personnel in each ship. Their number is around two hundred thirty, and around fifty who had a strong grasp in [Retribution Magic].

"Ughh!! Captain what is this , we're being pulled to shore!"

"Gah! Orders sir!"

"Tskk! Fire the cannons!" The captain yells out.

From the shore the scouts in the group through their own telescope, a telescope made of old shed glass like appendages from their own people. They were taught indirectly by Xentisia who got the idea from Ostium when he showed him the gadgets and gizmos from his world, one of which was a portable telescope. In which he asks Ostium for instructions on how to make it as a reward of sorts for his people. In which he agrees as Ostium sees it as an advantage to their cause.

"Defense squad ready your retribution barriers!" The chief yells while he and others are towing the ship closer.

As the defense squad heard his orders they immediately get into position and start chanting, after which a majestic barrier forms over the entire Cornicrystian army .