1.33 Goodbye

At home.

Ric was sitting next to Lexion one sofa and Stefan and i were sitting on the sofa across from them.

We were eavesdropping Damon and Elena. Nik had healed Damon. thank god.

Suddenly we heard a slap.

Lexi and i grimaced "ouch!"

Ric smirked proudly "yeah, i taught her that swing"

Lexi laughed.

Stefan put a hand on my thigh " You know it's not polite to eavesdrop, right?"

Lexi pouted" Hey, I'm short on time here. Don't rob me of what little joy I have."

Elena walked inside "Has Anyone seen Jeremy?"

Ric " Oh, he went to see Bonnie. He'll be back later. You know, before...well, you know."

I bit my lip.

Elena nodded  "Yeah. Stefan, can I, um...can I have a moment?"

Stefan looked at me and then shrugged "Sure."

They left the room together.

Lexi smirked "This could get interesting."

Ric " Usually does."

Lexi "So, the Other Side...Not exactly a party, is it?"

I smirked. 

They looked cute together.

Ric " I've lived...better."

Lexi " You know there's something else out there, right? There has to be. Silas' whole agenda was to find peace with his one true love, and whatever "peace" is...it's out there. I figure once we've served our time for all the bad things we've done, then it's just about letting go, moving on."

Ric "And how are we supposed to do that when the knuckleheads we care about can't seem to keep their lives straight?"

Lexi nodded " Yeah..."

Later.

I was in my room, sitting on the bed and biting my nail. There was a knock on my door and it opened. Stefan walked inside.

I smiled "you done talking with Elena?"

He nodded "yes"

Me "What did she want?"

I stood up and walked to him.

Stefan "She gave me something"

I raised an eyebrow.

He showed me the cure.

My eyes widened "the cure?"

He nodded. he took my hand and laid it in it.

I shook my head "i can't, Stefan"

Stefan "Let me talk."

i nodded.

Stefan "I love you, Adelaide, more than anything. You didn't choose this life. The vampire life. You said you wanted to take the cure with me. But there's only one dose. And i want you to have it. You deserve a better life, Adelaide"

Me "i have a better life now, with you."

Stefan shook his head "i won't take it, Adelaide, not if i can't have a human life with you. It's your choice whether you take it or not. I won't have a say in it. I will respect your decision. I just want you to be happy"