1.49 Chicago

Next day

Next day. Chicago.

Nik, Stefan and i got out of the car and i looked around.

Nik " Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan, Adelaide"

Stefan asked confused " What are we doing here?"

Nik "I know how much you two loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

Stefan " Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

I nodded "Yeah, me too"

Nik " Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend.Chicago was magical."

Stefan " Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

Nik" Going to get down to business, then?"

Stefan " Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

Nik smiled "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

Then he got back into the car.

At Gloria's bar.

We walked into the bar. It was empty and quiet.

Nik asked us " Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

Me "thought they burned this place down years ago "

Suddenly Gloria showed up " You got to be kidding me."

Nik smiled "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

Gloria "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

She looked at Stefan " I remember you."

Stefan nodded " Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

Gloria chuckled" Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Then she looked at me and smiled "Adelaide Pierce, looking pretty as always"