1.125 Kat

Three Days later

Three Days later. Morning. 

I walked downstairs and yawned. i saw Stefan and Damon standing in the living room.

Me "morning, boys"

Damon smiled "morning, sunshine"

I walked to Stefan and hugged his side and yawned in his chest. 

Stefan put a hand on the back of my head and kissed my head "morning, angel"

I smiled into his chest.

Damon "Why so tired, hm?"

I didn't even have to look at him to know he was smirking.

I turned my head to him "Well, ...

Damon grimaced "please, don't"

Me "So, how is our prisoner doing? did she already tried to play prison break?"

Damon sighed "She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen. "

I nodded. 

Then he looked at Stefan "I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel."

Stefan "Look, she's not gonna beg for blood. Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone."

Damon raised an eyebrow "How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?"

Stefan sighed "A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently."

Damon "So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?"

Suddenly my sister walked inside.

 I rolled my eyes and hid my face in Stefan's chest. 

Kat "Maybe I can provide a little excitement."

I whined annoyed "Katherine."

Katherine "The one and only...sort of. So, when's the Welcome Home party?"

I looked at her. She eyed Stefan and me and then poured herself a drink. 

Damon " Wow, look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise."

Kat "Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone."

I looked at her "Wait, what do you mean he's gone?"

Kat smiled"Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives-- for good."

I sighed. 

Bekah's house. Night. 

Bekah said that Nik and Elijah were in New Orleans. 

I walked into her house and heard her arguing with someone. When i walked into the room i saw it was Elijah. 

I asked surprised "you are back?"

Bekah "So that's it? I'm just supposed to pack up my things and leave for good? Forget my life here and my pursuit of the cure?"

Oh yeah, right, Elijah gave Silas the cure thinking it was Bekah.

Elijah "Oh, the cure was a fool's errand. I mean, taking it would've stripped you of everything you are, for what? More high school proms?"

Bekah " I wanted to be human. I wanted children and a family."

Elijah "And I stand before you to offer you both."

Bekah "And if I decide against you? A dagger in my heart and then back in a box?"

Elijah " I've made my case. Your family needs you, and what choice you make right now is your own."

Bekah took a step towards him " I owe him nothing. I wish him no joy, no love. I will stay here and live my life the way I want to, and if you're smart I suggest you do the same."

I yelled "enough!"

They turned to me. 

Bekah breathed out relieved "Thanks, Adelaide"

Then she left. 

i turned to Elijah. 

Elijah sighed "Say it"

Me "She's right. "

He let out a breath.

Me "Be smart, Elijah. Nik is stark raving mad, not to mention completely irredeemable.  I have lost so much of my life to him. So have you. "

Elijah raised an eyebrow "but..?"

I took a deep breath "but...if we hate it or not, he's your family. He needs you, Elijah."

Elijah "so, you want me to leave town?"

I sighed "We both know that New Orleans is going to be screwed if you let Nik out of your sight, Elijah. And i know Marcel. Him and Nik? with their past? They're gonna need someone like you"

Elijah smiled softly. 

He placed a hand on my cheek, he leaned in and kissed my forehead instead of her lips. 

I smiled.

Elijah " Goodbye, Adelaide"

Then he speeded away.