1.71 The Ball Of The Damned

I looked around and followed her upstairs into a room. 

She gestured for me to sit "please, Adelaide, take a seat"

Suddenly i saw her holding sage. I sat down. 

Finn let someone else inside. Elena.

Elena's eyes widened when she saw me but she sat down next to me.

Esther " It's only sage. I've spelled it so we can speak freely without fear of being overheard. That'll be all Finn, thank you. You must have a million questions for me Adelaide. Elena. Please."

Esther sat down.

Elena asked confused " How are you alive? Are you a ghost? Or..."

Esther shook her head " Not exactly. When I died the witch Ayana preserved my body with a spell. She was a close friend of mine, an ancestor of your friend Bonnie."

Elena " So that's why only Bonnie and her mother could open up the casket."

Esther " They complete the Bennett bloodline. I drew power from them and their ancestors who were with me on the other side." 

Me "So you've been on the other side for a thousand years?"

Esther nodded " Nature's way of punishing me for turning my family into vampires. But there is a way for me to undo the evil I created."

Elena" You're gonna help us kill Klaus, aren't you?"

Esther " One thing at a time Elena. For now, I simply need your help."

Esther "Adelaide, i'm sure my children have enlightened you about the story of our family. How I upset the balance of nature by turning my children into vampires."

I nodded "you did it to protect them from the werewolves."

Esther nodded "It's true. But in no time at all, they began to feed on human blood. They ravaged the town with no remorse. Eventually, Niklaus turned against me."

Elena "How are you gonna kill him? He's immortal."

Esther " It will take time, magic, and your assistance."

Elena "What do we have to do with it?"

Esther " My children believe I'm holding this ball to celebrate our reunion. But in truth I've gathered them together to perform a ritual. The first step requires blood from the doppelgängers. Only a drop. Its essences will be in the champagne toast later on this evening. Will you do it or shall I?"

Esther stood up and walked to a table. She was holding a long thin knife in her hands. Elena looked taken aback, but after a moment's consideration she removed her glove and gave her finger to Esther to prick. Esther pricked it and squeezed the blood into a glass that's filled with liquid.

Esther "Elijah is more suspicious than the others, so he may need more persuasion. But they must all drink at the toast in order to be linked as one."

Elena " What do you mean "linked as one"?"

Esther " You said yourself Klaus can't be killed. But tonight's spell links all my children together, so that if one goes, they all go."

My jaw dropped "What?"

Esther " I love my family, Adelaide, but they are an abomination. I betrayed nature when I created them. It's my duty to kill them."

I stood up.

Esther "Elena, you are free to go. I hope you keep this conversation for yourself"

Elena nodded and walked out.