1.83 "Goodbye, Ric"

At the cemetery.

We walked into the Salvatore tomb.

Esther "You'll forgive me for taking the two of you from the dance this evening. That's the burden of being the doppelgängers, I'm afraid. Your blood is a potent binding agent for a witch's spell."

Elena sighed "Just please don't hurt Alaric."

Suddenly we heard "She's not hurting me."

Ric walked inside. 

We looked at him shocked. 

Elena" Ric!"

She moved towards him, but stopped when she sensed something was different about him.

Me "You"

Then I looked at Esther "What do you want with him?"

Esther " I'm going to remake him."

Elana asked confused "Remake him?"

Esther "Make him strong, fast, like my children. Indestructible. For one final time I'm going to tap into the dark magic I used a thousand years ago. Like my husband Mikael before him I will make Alaric into a true hunter, a vampire to end all vampires."

Elena shook her head" You can't create another Original. What if he turns out to be an even bigger monster than your children?

Esther "He won't now that he has embraced his darkest aspect his hatred for them will become more pure and uncompromising. In death that hatred will be magnified."

I shoo my head "You don't know anything about Ric. "

Esther "That is where you're wrong. Each time he died with that ring during his brief journey into death I was there on The Other Side. I spoke to him, I nurtured him knowing that every death brought him closer to his true self. Vampires took everything from him. Now he's getting his vengeance."

Esther began lighting candles inside the Salvatore tomb, she was preparing for a spell.

I looked at Ric "This is not who you are, Ric. You don't want this. You're not yourself, it's your alter ego talking"

Ric "You don't know who I am, Adelaide. You only know the weakest parts of me, the man who lost his way befriending vampires instead of killing them."

I shook my head shocked.

Elena "You don't mean that."

Ric " They're all monsters. The blood of their victims is on my hands. Jenna's blood is on my hands."

Esther " When you are ready."

Elena shook her head, " No, Ric, please don't. Don't do this. I won't help you, I'm not gonna give you my blood, you're gonna have to kill me!"

Esther " That won't be necessary."

She gestured towards Elena. A cut opened up in Elena's hand and started to bleed. 

Esther grabbed Elena's wrist and held it above the bowl and the blood poured into it.

She let go of Elena and looked at me.

I tried to speed out of the tomb but a barrier blocked me from stepping out. 

Esther "Adelaide, we've already been through this."

I glared at it "looks like we're gonna go through it again"

Then i looked at Ric, pleading "you can stop this, Ric. please. The last thing you want is to become the creature that turned you into this"