1.37 "An Apology?"

Inside.

I sat down on the sofa and Elijah walked over to the lit fireplace.

Elijah "Do you think she will complete the ritual?"

I nodded "i do""

Elijah looked at me, surprised  "And what makes you so sure of that?"

Me "Because she knows what will happen if she doesn't give Nik what he wants"

Elijah looked at me surprised "so you told them?"

I nodded "Katherine did"

He nodded. 

Me "She won't let anyone get hurt because of her. And to be honest, i can't blame her for protecting the people she cares about. No one can"

Elijah "you sound like you would have done the same"

I sighed, shaking my head  "That doesn't matter now"

Elijah kneeled down in front of me"but it does matter to me. "

Me "I didn't have the perfect family. But i had my Mama. And i would have done everything in my power to protect her. So, yes, Elijah, i would've done the same to protect the people i care about"

Elijah "i wouldn't have let you"

Me "I would've found a way. "

He looked down. 

Me "I'll never be able to forgive your brother for killing everyone i love because of Katherine's mistakes. "

Elijah "i'm sorry. So sorry, Adelaide"

I shrugged it off "it doesn't matter now, does it?"

Elijah eyed me "you know i hate seeing you upset"

I cracked a smile "Elijah, i'm fine"

He smiled.

Suddenly Elena walked inside.

Elijah stood up" Welcome back."

I looked at her. 

Elena " Tell me. What is Klaus' curse?"

She took off her jacket.

Elijah "Please."

He gestured for Elena to sit. 

She did. 

He sat down next to me " My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day."

Elena raised an eyebrow " A war between the species?"

Elijah nodded "The vampires...and the werewolves."

Elena asked confused "So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?"

Elijah " He's both. A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant."

Elena " That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?"

Elijah "He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone."