1.85 The Plan

He pulled the picket out of the wall and threw it back at Klaus. The picket just grazed over his shoulder. 

Klaus broke the other picket in two and threw half of it at Damon again, but instead he hit a picture and it broke.

Damon yelled amused " Missed me again!"

I looked up but Nik was gone. 

Stefan's phone rang he answered it " Alaric."

---

Nik came back up to the house with a propane tank and a newspaper torch.

I looked at him " Put it out."

Nik " Come outside and make me."

I stepped outside "Elena's not here. Alaric has her and Caroline and he's gonna kill them both unless you and i turn ourselves over to him."

Klaus threw down the newspaper and dropped the propane tank.

Nik smirked" Now, I know you're not asking me to walk into a certain death."

Stefan stepped out next to me "I really wish we could. But unfortunately, if Alaric kills you there's a one in four chance that we die too."

Damon walked out with a picket over his shoulder, smiling "I'll take those odds."

I looked at Damon "Tyler will definitely die"

Damon shrugged " I'm good with that too."

Stefan " Why don't we just figure out a way to put Alaric down?"

Nik "Okay, how about Damon sneaks in and distracts Alaric, while Stefan grabs Elena and carries her to safety?"

Damon "Huh, that's a great idea. What's to stop me from getting killed instantly?"

Nik smiled "Nothing."

Damon shot" Caroline's in there. Don't you have a thing for her? Or did she just reject you too many times?"

Nik's smile turned into a growl. 

I stepped in between them "enough, both of you! we don't have time for this, okay? Caroline's a vampire and Ric is a vampire who hunts vampires. you guys see the problem here?"

Bonnie walked out " I might have an idea. My mom used a desiccation spell on Mikael that immobilized him for over 15 years. If I can get it, I might be able to use it on Alaric."

Damon " If and might? Your words inspire such confidence."

Bonnie glared at him "I'll get it. But even with the spell, we'll need a lot of vampire muscle to take him down. Including yours."

Nik " Just so we're clear, the sun sets in about eight hours. If we don't succeed before then, Elena will be dead, I'll be gone, and the rest of you will be left to fend for yourselves."

At school.

I walked inside and yelled around "Ric! I'm here! Let Caroline go!"

Then i walked around, yelling "Ric! come out to play!"

Suddenly I heard something behind me. I turned around but didn't see anything. I turned around and ran into someone.

I gulped "Ric"

Ric smirked "Well, hello, Adelaide"

Suddenly, Stefan and Damon rushed up to him and grabbed him by his arms.

Damon yelled "Do it now!"

Alaric pushed them off of him and broke Stefan's back. Stefan fell to the ground, dead. Damon rushed towards Alaric, but Alaric snapped his neck, temporarily killing him as well. Klaus rushed towards Alaric and placed his hand into Alaric's chest.

Alaric grabbed Klaus and threw him against the lockers. He flipped him over and was about to stake him with the white oak stake, but Klaus fought back. Ric tried to push the stake towards Nik's heart but Nik pushed him off him. 

Elena yelled " Stop!"

Alaric looked up at Elena. 

She held a knife to her throat " Let him go or I'll kill myself."

Ric warned " Put it down, Elena."

Elena " Why? Because you still need me alive? There's a reason why Esther used me to make you, isn't there? She didn't want you to be immortal, so she tied your life to a human one. Mine. That way you have only one life span to kill all vampires and then you'll be gone. So, when I die, you die too. That's it, it has to be!"

Ric "You're wrong. Adelaide will still live"

Me "Esther needed Elena so that you die when she dies. Esther needed me for the strength, the speed and everything else about a vampire. Your life is in her hands"

Elena began to cut her throat open.

Ric yelled " Stop! STOP! STOP! STOP!"

Suddenly i saw Nik rushing to me and everything went black.