1.33 Isobel

Next day. At Caroline's.

I heard my phone buzz. 

Caroline kicked me with her foot and groaned pissed off. 

I groaned, annoyed "Care"

Caroline muttered into her pillow "Answer the goddamn phone"

She had called me over last night after Matt left. I made her change the bedsheets, of course. 

Me "If it's important, it can wait"

My phone started to buzz again. 

I sighed and grabbed it. I looked at it. 

From: Stefan

Where are you?

Come over.

Caroline turned to me  "who is it?"

I sighed "Stefan"

Caroline asked confused "What does he want?"

I looked at her  "He wants me to come home"

Caroline yawned and pulled the covers over herself. 

At Home. 

I walked up the stairs but then i walked into Stefan

Stefan "Where were you?"

Me "Out."

Stefan "Where?"

Me "what did you want me home?"

Stefan "Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep."

My jaw dropped "What?"

We walked downstairs. 

Me " About time. Why is she back now?"

Stefan shrugged "I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out."

We walked to the corridor but stopped when Kat blocked our way.

Kat " I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

Stefan raised an eyebrow "What? Why?"

Kat " It's better if she and John don't know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb"

Damon joined us " You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed."

She put a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow at him "I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."

Stefan "What do you know?"

Kat "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan " Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep.

At the Gilbert's.

I walked knocked into the front door of the Gilbert house. Stefan had called me over for god knows what reason. 

John opened the door. His face changed from normal to shocked to scared to normal. 

I fake smiled "John"

John smirked "Adelaide"

Me "Stefan called me over"

John walked into the kitchen and i followed him inside. I saw Isobel standing there. 

Me "Isobel"

Isobel nodded "Adelaide"

Suddenly Elena and Stefan walked into the kitchen. 

Isobel to Elena "I asked John for a do-over."

Elena looked at John shocked " You invited her in?"

John " She has information about Klaus. Please, just listen to her, okay?"

Elena looked at Stefan and then back at Isobel. 

She crossed her arms over her chest " All right. What do you know?"

Isobel "Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance to find him before he could find you."

Stefan asked confused "Best chance at what?"

John " Keeping Elena alive."

Elena shook her head " You don't get to talk, okay, not after everything you've done."

Stefan "Were you able to find Klaus?"

Isobel shook her head  "No. Nobody knows where he is but there are these rumors that are flying around. That a doppelgänger exists."

John "Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you."

Elena shook her head "I'm not buying any of this."

She looked at Isobel " The last time that you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me. Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that you want to help?"

John " Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them."

Elena "And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process."

I raised my hand  "And me, Johnny, I didn't forget"

He took a step back. 

Isobel moved towards Elena "I have a safe house that I can take you to. The deed is in your name. No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me. Let me help you."

Elena snapped"You wanna help? Then get the hell out of my house."