1.78 Discovering The Bloodline

Night. At the grill.

I saw Stefan and Elena outside of the Grill and walked over to them "Hey. How is he?"

Rebekah went mad and kidnapped Damon. I told him not to sleep with the she devil. He did not listen and now he's living up to that. poor boy.

Stefan" Hey. He's just banged up. Caroline's gonna stay with Ric and make sure Alaric stays Alaric. Matt texted me and said Finn is still in the Grill. We need to plan our next move."

Elena " Wait, wait, Rebekah has Damon; our next move should be finding him."

Stefan shook his head " No, we need to stay on point. See an Original, kill an Original. That's the plan."

Elena " Yeah, that was the plan before Damon's life was hanging in the balance."

Stefan " Look, Elena, I understand that you're concerned about my brother's life, but if he even knew, for one second, that we were talking about missing a chance to kill these people he would lose his mind."

Elena nodded " Yeah, and if the roles were reversed he would stop everything to save you."

Stefan "I know what my brother would want."

Elena " What he would want and what we should do are two different things."

Me "enough! Rebekah's gonna go slow on Damon! she's not gonna kill him so fast. Meaning: we have time!"

Stefan looked at Elena " You gonna help me with this or not?"

She just glared at him.

Stefan nodded, scoffing   " Okay, I'll figure it out myself."

He walked inside.

I sighed and followed him.

---

Sage and Finn were drinking tequila at a table. Matt talked to them and came back. Stefan handed him secretly a bottle of vervain.

Finn "How many people have you turned?"

Sage " I don't know. A lot. Don't judge me, Finn, you turned me."

Finn "Exactly Sage, I turned you. My passion overtook my morals."

Sage" My passions overtake my morals on a daily basis. It's called living life to the fullest."

I saw Stefan sending out a text.

He looked at me and nodded.

Stefan "wait outside"

I nodded and walked outside through the back door. I waited in the alley.

Minutes later Stefan walked out hiding behind the door. Finn and Sage came out. Stefan went to stab Finn, but Sage grabbed him and threw him down on the ground. The stake fell down the stairs.

Sage " Finn, the stake!"

Finn ran down the stairs to grab the stake. I speeded and grabbed it. He grabbed me and threw me against the stairs. I gasped in pain. Suddenly Elena and Matt showed up with a crossbow and shot Finn in the heart.

Sage " No!"

She rushed down the stairs to Finn's side. Matt and Elena went back in the building and closed the door. Sage cried as she watched Finn die and stroked his face. 

Stefan looked down from the top of the stairs, helped me up and left with me.

Home.

I walked downstairs. Stefan was on his way to the front door.

Me "Where are you going?"

He ignored me. 

I yelled "Hey!"

Stefan "getting my brother back"

I yelled "Stefan!"

He turned to me.

Me "okay, stop. Nik is stronger than you, we need another plan."

Stefan " What we need is for Klaus to be dead."

Me "We just killed his big brother! he's going to rip you apart!"

Stefan turned around to walk away. 

I grabbed his wrist and turned him around  "Stefan, stop it! You're acting on anger!"

Stefan yelled "Anger gets things done, Adelaide!"

I yelled " Or it'll get you killed! It'll get Damon killed along with you."

Stefan shook his head  " Klaus does not get to survive this. Not after everything he took from me."

He walked out and slammed the door shut. 

I walked to Caroline and Elena who were in the living room.

Caroline " I miss well-adjusted Stefan."

Suddenly, the door flew open and Stefan was thrown through it. 

Sage entered the house" Ding dong."

shit is about to go down

Caroline went to attack her, but Sage threw her to the ground.

Sage " I'm not here for you. I'm here for him."

Elena ran to the front door, but Troy blocked her path.

Troy "I don't think so."

Sage walked to Stefan.

Stefan stood up "I had to kill him, Sage."

Sage "Oh, you remember me."

She kicked Stefan and he flew into a chair.It was storming outside. He groaned. 

Sage " Good. Then you know I like to go all ten rounds."

I pushed her off Stefan.

She started to cough and her nose started to bleed. Stefan looked up at her.

Troy "Sage?"

Sage threw a punch at Stefan, but Stefan grabbed her fist and throws her to the ground. She started coughing up blood.

Sage gasped out "Troy, help me!"

Troy started to cough blood as well.

Sage asked shocked  " What is happening to me?"

Then they died.

My eyes widened "Guys, she just died!"

Stefan " So, Sage and this Troy guy die within an hour of Finn."

Elena" But why? Were they bitten by a hybrid or..?"

Caroline shook her head "Hybrid bites don't look like that. Maybe Sage was so in love with Finn she just died of sadness."

Stefan shook his head " No, that doesn't explain Troy."

Then it hit me.

My jaw dropped "oh my god"

They looked at me.

Me "It's the blood. The bloodline. It has to be. "

Stefan nodded "yeah, Think about it: Finn turned Sage, Sage turned Troy. They're all part of the same vampire bloodline that originated with Finn."

Caroline " Wait, so when an Original dies every vampire turned from their bloodline dies along with them? Because that would mean..."

Elena "If the Originals die, so do all of you. The entire vampire species would...it'd just be dead"