1.10 "Back Off, Damon!"

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

I groaned out  "Mason, you son of a bitch"

When i looked beside me i saw Damon on the ground looking at a woman. Looks like he had been shot too. Stefan was laying there too but he wasn't as fit as Damon and i were. 

Liz "This is how it's gonna work. Answer me and you don't get shot, understand? How many of you are there?"

Damon begged "Liz, please. Don't hurt her"

That's when i realized that Liz had aimed a gun at me. Great. 

Liz "How did you fool us? How do you walk in the sun?"

Damon didn't answer.

He pulled the trigger and the bullet his me right into the leg. I cried out in pain.

Liz "I will drag this out painfully."

Damon breathed out " But you're my friend."

Liz " Our friendship was a lie. Answer me and I'll kill you fast."

I sighed in pain and annoyed.

Liz " Let's do this. Each with a stake in the heart, then burn them."

Suddenly there was metallic creaking sound.

Liz looked at one of her guys " Check it out."

I heard somebody going limp.

Liz asked shocked " Elena! What are you doing?"

Elena shook her head   "You can't kill them. I'm not gonna let you."

I closed my eyes. There was another sound. Someone else was in here with us. 

The Deputy looked around "What was that?"

Liz asked Elena "Who else is with you?"

Suddenly i could smell blood. Then shots were heard. I opened my eyes and Caroline stood there with blood over her mouth. 

Liz's eyes went open.

Caroline " Hi mom."

---

Damon and i were feeding of the dead deputies. 

Karma is a bitch.

Damon looked at Stefan "You need to drink some deputy blood."

Stefan sighed weakly "No. I'm gonna be fine. It's just gonna take a little bit longer."

Caroline "Damon's right you know. If there's ever time to break your diet-"

Elena snapped "He said he didn't want it, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and dropped the dead deputy to the ground. 

Damon stood up and walked to Liz "This is a most unfortunate situation. Two deputies dead and you. What am I gonna do with you?"

Caroline "You won't tell anyone, will you? Mom? Mom? Please. Look, I know that we don't get along and that you hate me but I'm your daughter and you'll do this for me, right? Mom, please. He will kill you."

Liz whimpered "Then kill me."

Caroline yelled " No!"

Liz's voice cracked and shook her head "I can't take this. Kill me now."

Damon bent down to look her in the eyes "But you were gonna drag it out so painfully."

He suddenly grabbed her. She stood up quickly.

Caroline shook her head  "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

Stefan warned him "Damon, don't!"

Elena pleaded  "Damon, please!"

I took a step to Damon "Back off,  Damon "

Damon chuckled and looked at us " Relax guys. No one is killing anybody."

He looked to her "You're my friend."

Then he looked at the bodies.

Damon " We've got to clean this up."

Night. At the house.

Damon was Downstairs in the basement with Liz. Stefan was downstairs too. Caroline was laying on the couch with a blanket around her.

I sat down on the couch across from her.

Me "Caroline?"

She looked at me.

Me "thank you for saving me"

Caroline gave me a soft smile.

I took a deep breath "I'm sorry about what you had to do tonight..... Tell your mom that way"

Caroline sighed "i know. Thank you for trying to stop Damon. but why did you do it?"

I shook my head "No one should lose their mother like that. No one deserves that"

Caroline "sounds like you lost your mother in a bad way"

I held back tears and nodded "you could say so"

Then I took a deep breath "Caroline, i'm so sorry for what Katherine did to you."

Caroline nodded a bit "It's okay"

I shook my head "no, it's not. She killed you, Caroline. And i'm so sorry for that. I'm sorry that she played you"

Caroline said surprised "you are nothing like her"

Me "The thing is, i know how far i can go. I know the lines. And sometimes i cross them. But i cross them for a reason"

She nodded. 

Me "Can we start over? I mean, i sure as hell am gonna stay in town. and i would like to have some other friends beside Damon"

Caroline chuckled "sure"

I stood up and walked to her couch and sat down next to her.

Caroline "i don't know what's happening between you and Stefan but if you wanna talk. I'm here. "

I gave her a soft smile "thanks, Caroline"

She hugged me. I hugged her back.

Me "Care?"

I looked at her.

Me "i'm gonna talk to Katherine. She needs to stop tornamenting you"

Caroline gave me a relieved smile "thank you"