1.34 Katherine Took Off

At Home. 

Damon, Stefan, Elena and i were sitting in the library. I was sitting in the armchair with my legs hanging off the armrest. 

Elena " Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger?"

Stefan sighed "Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning."

Damon " You know, you should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you."

I rolled my eyes. 

You know, every time i hear Damon say "us"it sound to me more like "i". Damon just wants her around. 

Stefan raised an eyebrow "What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No. Her house is safer."

Damon "Well, then we'll stay there."

Elena pointed out "So is that the plan? Neither of you will let me out of your sight again?"

I shook my head "Neither of you except Adelaide"

Damon corrected me "Neither of us including Adelaide"

I glared at him and shook my head at Elena. 

Damon " Let me know when you come up with a better one."

Elena sighed " Fine. Then one of you 2 bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon."

Stefan nodded "That'd be me."

Damon shook his head " Not me. I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie."

Elena raised an eyebrow " Does that mean that you're taking her to the-"

Damon put a finger over his mouth "Shh."

Kat walked inside "Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell."

No answer. 

Damon looked at Stefan. 

Kat "Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me."

I shook my head "oh no, i have it"

Katherine looked at me "Where is it, sis? You can tell me"

Damon nearly choked on his drink. 

I shook my head "i don't trust you, Kat."

Kat " I've been honest with you. Time to return the favor."

Damon " Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust."

Elena looked at Katherine and smiled. 

Kat sighed annoyed " Fine. Be that way."

Then she walked out. 

Damon looked at me "the Moonstone is safe, though, right?"

I nodded. 

Damon "Even Katherine-safe?"

I nodded"Even Katherine-safe"

Night. Home. 

I walked into the Salvatore house and nearly tripped over a dead body. 

I raised an eyebrow "John?"

I looked around and yelled "Damon! What have you done now!?"

Then walked into the living room. Elena was sitting on the sofa. Stefan was standing in front of her. Damon walked inside looking at me. 

Damon "What does a dead body always have to do with me?"

I raised an eyebrow and put a hand on my hip.

Damon "This one goes to Isobel's account."

Me "Where is she?"

Elena "dead"

I looked at her "Sorry to hear about your mom"

She nodded. 

Damon put some papers on Elena's lap "Which is why we need to take some precautions, 'cause we got played, all of us."

Elena asked confused "What's this?"

Stefan " It's the deed to our house. It's in Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name."

Elena asked shocked and surprised " You're giving me your house?"

My jaw dropped "You guys can't possibly be that stupid"

Stefan "Isobel had the right idea with the safe house. You'll just stay here till it's all over. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't."

Damon " Although I'll be super pissed if you lock me out."

John suddenly gasped for air and sat up. 

Damon rushed over to him and lifted him up by his collar.

John pleaded " I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

Elena stood up "Damon, let him go. He and I need to talk."

At the library. 

The brothers and i were sitting on the sofas with drinks in our hands. 

Damon "Where did you put to moonstone?"

I looked at him annoyed "why, Damon? i already told you it's safe"

Damon "i looked through your soap bowl and couldn't find it. I assumed Katherine took it and left"

I chuckled "did you really think i would do as you say? come on, D."

Stefan "Where is it?"

I looked at him "It's safe"

 Damon "Hey, Bonnie said the spell worked. She's locked and loaded."

Stefan sighed " At least something went right today. Katherine has no idea that Bonnie got her powers back."

Damon nodded smirking "Uh-uh."

Stefan "And Isobel had no idea what you and Jeremy took Bonnie to do today."

Damon nodded "Uh-uh."

Stefan "We're the only ones who know."

Damon " That literally makes Bonnie our secret weapon."

We raised our glasses and drank.