Chapter 92- Glass

*~Trigger Warning~*
•Swearing-
•Details of rape-
•Details of murder-

—————————

-JOKERS POV-

I knew she had left the city...I saw her all over the news grabbing that guy out of his car and then driving away in it. My only question was:
Where was she?

I sat on the edge of the bed, hunched over my knees staring down at the floor.
I could still smell her scent interlaced with the air; every breath killed me.

Her clothes were left as they were, still laying lifeless bedside me; creases with every fold.

I stood and breathed in and out heavily, immersing myself more into the loneliness I had felt once before.

"Boss" I heard Ryker knock on the bedroom door, to which I allowed him in. I was so consumed in my own thoughts that I didn't hear him enter through the panel.

"Anything?" I sighed, my back facing him; my head hardly lifted from looking at the ground.

"Nothing..." he trailed, solemnly.

I stayed silent for a few seconds, then nodded slowly, emotionlessly.

"Boss...it's been nearly a year since she left the city...she could be anywhere-"

"ANYWHERE BUT HERE!" I shouted, turning and throwing my arms up violently.

"GIVING YOU THE JOB TO GATHER LEADS OF HER LOCATION WAS OBVIOUSLY TOO MUCH OF A CHALLENGE FOR YOU!" I yelled, approaching Ryker, who at this point was clenching his jaw.

"A YEAR OF NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! YOU ARE A WASTE OF MY TIME! YOU'RE LUCKY I HAVEN'T KILLED YOU YET!" I finished. By now I was inches away from his face. His eyes were fixed and his expression stern- ready to snap.

"Lucky?" He muttered "that YOUR whore didn't kill me like she did to Frost? You want me to search for her, but by now she's probably dead. She left with nothing, she was nothing. She was better of being dead ever since she laid her eyes on you"

Suddenly without question, I pounced, grabbing his shirt collar and slamming him into the wall in the living room.

"A whore? Like YOUR deceased lover, I'm sure" I snarled, tightening my grip around his collar. As he was about to shout in defence, I kneed him in his gut, causing him to keel over in pain.

I bent down and spoke into his ear.
"Remember? The night she *tragically* died? She was found dead in a hotel room just out the outskirts of Gotham...I would know, because I was there"

As he gasped for air to yell, I continued.

"You see, she was the whore. I fucked her brains out, then I blew her brains out"

Suddenly, Ryker tackled me to the ground, through the glass coffee table.

His hands wrapped tightly around my neck as I began to release my signature cackle.

"YOU! YOU KILLED HER! YOU! YOU!"

"One...one thing...ya gotta know"
I said between stifled breaths.
"Whores end up dead...and Ivy isn't dead, is she?"

He looked down at me, his eyes narrowing.

"I know...exactly where she is...i have done for a while...I was...testing you. I do it with every single one of my henchmen"

He suddenly let go of me, a look of disbelief across his pale complexion.

I rolled over, glass crunching underneath me. In between coughs and gasps for air, I laughed, and laughed- mocking him.

"You see Ryker, I am everywhere" I said within a breath.
"I know everything"

Ryker laughed loudly, which made me clench my jaw. Was he disagreeing with ME?

"Obviously not everything" he muttered, standing up.

I gripped my fist with broken glass. I could feel warm blood seep through my fingers, but I couldn't feel any pain.

Ryker stumbled standing up, but as he did, he reached in his pocket and grabbed a small object out of it.

"YOU don't know shit, you fucking psycho" he hissed, throwing a USB stick at me.
"Watch what's on that. I couldn't stop grinning"

I winced my eyes at him and stood up.
"I don't care what's on this-"

"You will" Ryker interrupted with a smug expression.
"You will"

A feeling stirred inside me. The feeling to kill. I needed to fulfil it.

I lunged at Ryker, and in return, he tackled me to the ground once again.

"You killed the only thing I loved!" Ryker yelled as he punched me, finally unloading the anger I invoked inside him.

I laughed, and I laughed.

"THAT ALL YOU GOT!?" I shouted, blood spluttering out of my mouth. As I finished, Ryker punched me harder in the face.

"You're nothing! You will be nothing!" He yelled back, head butting me, then standing up leaving me on the ground in my own blood.

"H...how...can you...be so sure?" I grinned, wiping blood away from my mouth with my sleeve.

"Us 'henchmen' have had enough of you" he muttered.
"We've all been planning to get rid of you, but now that me and you are here I'll finish the job"

He lunged down at me again, but was stopped suddenly.

"Are you sure about that?" I hissed in his ear, as I twisted the knife which was lodged in him.

His face turned pale and he was unable to speak. I could feel him try to conjure strength to fight it.

"This knife has a special sort of snake venom built in it, and it's released when penetrated" I explained, lodging it deeper.

"Your body will become paralysed, cold, useless. Then you will die. I give it 10 seconds"

He stared down at me, his eyes turning bloodshot. Every blue and red vein in his body now visible and sticking out.

"3...2..."

Suddenly, his eyes rolled back, and his tense body became limp. He was dead.

I threw him off me, then stood up, brushing the small shards of glass off me.

I stared at his lifeless body for a few seconds, then grinned.

"I made my men- they have no power to kill me" I said to Rykers body, but with no satisfactory of a reply, obviously.

I stumbled to the shredded leather couch, sat down, then pulled a cigarette from out of my pocket along with a lighter.

I sat there, my head back staring up at the ceiling, exhaling smoke every minute.
I couldn't think at all. My own mind was lifeless.
Truth is, I didn't have an idea where Ivy was, i felt like I never would.

I lifted my head up once my cigarette had finished, and as I went to reach for another, I saw the USB stick Ryker had thrown at me. It was laying in a puddle of broken glass.

I leant forward and picked it up, examining it between my blood covered fingers.

I squinted.
Where did he find this? Was it Ivy's? What the hell would I see on it?

I stood and made my way to the bedroom to retrieve the laptop which was previously Ivy's.
I sat on the end of the bed slowly, plugging it into the laptop.

I was one click away from seeing something Ryker was warning me about. Something about Ivy.

I took a deep breath, then clicked.

Seconds went by...they felt like hours.

I stared at the screen in horror.

She killed Frost because he raped her...