Chapter 62- Burgundy

~ONE WEEK LATER~

-BRUCES POV-

It had been a week since the hospital was blown up, by the one and only, Joker.

I was currently in my office with Alfred, trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened.

"It's lonely around here" I heard Alfred say as he dusted around the bookcase.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped, but then I realised my harshness.
"Sorry..."

"No matter Master Wayne, I understand you're grieving"

"I'm not grieving anymore Alfred" I said "I'm simply investing my time into something what's more important"

"And that is...?"

"Finding Joker" I replied.

Just as Alfred was about to reply, my intercom system alerted.

I pressed the button on the wall and spoke.
"Yes?"

"Some investigators are here Mr Wayne" I heard my receptionist say "they wish to speak to you"

"Send them up" I replied simply, then I took my finger off the button.

"Investigators?" Alfred questioned, taking his feather duster off the bookcase.

I nodded.
"It appears so"

They were probably here about Harleen.

Her funeral was yesterday.
She was dressed in her favourite red dress. I had picked it out for her to wear because I knew she would've wanted to.

I carried her coffin, with the help of other men to her grave, and I watched as they lowered her down and covered her with dirt.
I saw sights like this too often. I had enough.

I always lost people who I cared about, and I never did anything about it, until now.

Alfred let the two investigators in my office, and they sat down opposite me.
One was taller than the other.
The taller one had blonde hair, and the shorter one had ginger.

"Mr Wayne, we're here because of some new...information"

"New information?" I asked, leaning forward with concern.

"Well, it's about the puddle of blood we found inside ACE- it matches with the the blood found outside the building, where the woman was stabbed"

I stayed silent, letting them continue.

"We all originally thought the blood inside the building on the ledge was Harleen's, supposing she was shot and then her body was slung into the chemicals afterward...but that might not be the case"

"So you're saying...Harley, Joker and Ivy were all in the same room?" I questioned.

"How do you know the name of the stabbing victim?" One of the investigators asked.

I paused for a moment, knowing I shouldn't of revealed that I knew her name.
"I know her..."

"Ah...right" he replied "well...yes, we are supposing they were all together in the building"