Chapter 29- Sick

-IVYS POV-

*~ONE WEEK LATER~*

Things have been going smoothly in terms of the plan and me and Jokers relationship- we had sex nearly every night this week...and it got rougher every time, but I liked it.

Anyway, over the week I had been going back to Bruce's penthouse and really getting to know them both, although, I needed to get down to the Batcave some how but I couldn't find the way down- it was all top secret...until this morning.

You see, earlier today when I was invited back up to their penthouse, I texted Joker prior:

"I still don't know how to get down to the Bat cave, so I need you to cause some havoc in the city so I can see where he goes"

When he received the text, he got in his car and just raced around Gotham with his men firing machine guns everywhere.

At that time, Harleen, Bruce and I were sat on their couch with glasses of wine just chatting, and then Alfred came in and alerted Bruce about what joker was doing.

I remember Bruce excused himself and ran to his office.

After, I asked Harleen where he was going (I obviously already knew)

She said "the Bat Cave". She knew I knew about Bruce being Batman, we had developed a strong friendship over the past week.

Then, I swiftly asked where it was.

"In his study, there's a really fast lift hidden behind a bookshelf what takes you allll the way down under neath the building"

After Harleens explanation, I had to get back and tell joker, so I said my goodbyes and went back to the mansion.
Joker was still being chased by Batsy but I trusted he would get back without a scratch, and he did.

I told him the information and he told me what to do from there.
I now had to somehow sneak down or trick Harleen into taking me down and then take pictures. Seems harmless? Well the pictures will show batsys weapons and gear, and it will also show how to get in and out of it from the out side.

It was now night, and I was in the shower.
As I washed my hair, I began to sing lyrics from my favourite Marilyn Manson song:

"I don't care if your world is ending today;
Because I wasn't invited to it anyway,
You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart,
But now I'm not an artist I'm a fucking work of art"

I sang to myself as I washed the bubbles out of my hair.

Suddenly, a sharp pain made me shriek.

I fell to the shower floor and held my stomach, the water still falling on me.

I shrieked again as it grew worse, until I felt like I was going to throw up.

I crawled out of the shower and held my mouth as i did.

I made my way to the toilet on my hands and knees in a slippery mess, and immediately vomited as I opened the lid.

What the hell was happening? I felt fine earlier and now I'm throwing up? Have I caught something?

I vomited for another 10 minutes until I finally took a deep breath and collapsed on the floor holding my knees into my chest.

"Shit...the shower" I said wearily "I need to turn it off"

I slowly began to crawl to the shower, but immediately felt like I was going to be sick again

"No no NO!" I shouted as I made my way back to the toilet, vomiting again.

I heard a knock at the door and jokers voice after
"Princess, are you okay?"

I managed to calm my breathing down, and replied
"Yeah"

I wasn't though. What was causing this? Did Harleen do something to my drink earlier? No, surly not! I saw he pour the wine myself! And plus I only had a few sips.

"Ivy you don't sound like you're okay" I heard him say

"I am I promise" I cried

Shit, why was I crying!?

The door handle wiggled and I slammed the toilet lid down and flushed it immediately.

He entered the room and was shocked by the sight of steam everywhere produced by the shower, and my naked body curled up in a ball on the floor, shaking.

He quickly turned the shower off and kneeled down beside me.

"Princess...what's wrong!?" He questioned as he wiped the wet hair out of my face

He was already starting to sweat from the hot steam around him. He was wearing his red shirt with the buttons undone revealing his tattooed chest, and his black pants. And the way strands of his hair were falling onto his face, he looked so sexy.

"I...I don't know...I just.." I stuttered, then broke down into tears

He held me tightly to his chest and stoked the back of my wet hair with his hand.

After a while of consoling me, he scooped me up and carried me into his room and placed me into bed.

As he pulled the covers over me, he asked me what happened again.

"I was in the shower...and then I felt sick...and then I ended up..you know" I mumbled, I didn't really want to tell him.

"It's ok princess, just sleep" he said walking to his drawers and put his papers back inside.

I didn't want to throw up again, especially now I was in bed...
When I closed my eyes, I remembered how I felt a little bit ill when I drank the wine, but I wasn't physically sick then?

"It must've been the alcohol" I thought "but I've always been okay with it, I've never been this bad after a little drink!"

I didn't know what Joker was doing, I heard him walking around and rustling things, but I didn't open my eyes to see.

Suddenly, I felt my shoulder being shaken gently
"Ivy" I heard him whisper

I opened my eyes and looked up at him
"Hm?"

"I want to know what caused it" he said as he knelt down at the side of the bed next to me.

"I don't know, I was given some wine but I saw them pour it" I yawned

He nodded slowly, I could see a twinge of anger form upon his face. I knew he was thinking of ways they could of caused this, but I knew they didn't.
Over the past week he has been very protective of me.

"They didn't do anything" I assured "but I have never responded to alcohol this badly"

He looked at me and stroked my face gently
"Okay" he whispered simply

I knew he was angry and curious, anyone would be, but I knew the wine wasn't tampered with...was something wrong with me? I spent the whole night thinking so.