Chapter 27- Fake Tears

-IVYS POV-

"I'm Harleen, Nice to meet you"

I shook her hand and introduced myself, but was so utterly confused...

"We don't usually get visitors up here...." She smiled
"You want to speak to Bruce?"

I nodded
"Yes, if that's okay"

"He's just in his library, I'll show you" She grinned. She was definitely a nice person, not evil at all.

I said my thank you's to Alfred, and walked with 'Harleen' to the library.

"I love your top!" I said, trying to start conversation. I needed to befriend her and this was my only chance.

She was wearing a sophisticated red chiffon top, with plain black jeans and heels. She looked like an elegant lady, not a villain...

"Thank you! Bruce gave it to me" she stopped and looked down at it on her body.

"You and Bruce must be good friends" I chuckled

She looked up at me and corrected me politely
"Lovers" she smiled

My whole body stiffened up and my eyes widened
"L...lovers..?" I stuttered in shock

"Are you okay?" She asked in concern "you look like you're about to faint!"

I couldn't even say anything..I can't imagine what Joker will do when I tell him...

"Come on, let me get you a drink" she said as she guided me to the kitchen.

"So, why do you want to speak to Bruce?" She asked curiously as we walked in the large modern kitchen.

I sat down on a stool at the island in the middle of the room, then replied.
"It's just...something"

She grabbed a glass and went to the fridge.
"It can't just be something, no one comes up here just for something"

I sighed
"I don't know if I can say"

She grabbed a bottle of water and poured the cool liquid in the crystal glass and handed it to me.

"It gets lonely up here you know" she mumbled as she wandered around the island and sat next to me "you can tell me, I can't exactly tell anybody can I?"

I took a sip of the water, and looked up at her.
"I...I only tell secrets to friends" I replied, hoping to spark a friendship..

"Well, consider me a friend Ivy" she smiled, as she rested her elbow on the surface next to her.

"YES! ITS WORKING!" I thought. I tried not to show how happy I was.

"Really?" I asked

"Yes really, you seem nice" she laughed "now tell me"

I took a deep breath, getting ready to explain, but suddenly the door opened and Bruce walked in.

"Harleen, who's this?" He asked as he froze and looked at me.

"Shit shit shit" I mentally yelled

"This is Ivy, she wanted to speak to you" she explained as she started to stand up.

"You can't just let anyone up, we talked about this!" He replied in a irritated tone.

"Actually I didn't bring her up, it was Alfred. She needs to speak to you about something important"

He looked down at me, and I nodded.

"Fine" he sighed "come with me"

I got up and thanked Harley, well..Harleen.

He Lived For Her~ A Joker StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara