Chapter 67- Return Of A Face

~I'm aware I haven't been updating daily like I strive to do, I have been dealing with some personal issues in my life what I have been focusing my time on.
Although, I now intend on focusing my time on writing, because all of you who read this story are so supportive and kind, I don't want to let you down. I will try my best<3~

-BRUCES POV-

"And that was the last time I spoke to her..."

I nodded to the woman sat down in front of me.
I analysed her explanation in my head thoroughly.

"So...you last spoke to Ivy nearly 8 months ago?" I questioned.

"Yeah...crazy right? I'm supposed to be her sister and she doesn't even call me" the brunette woman complained, fiddling with the strap on her bag.

"Well as you now know Kirsten, Ivy has had some involvement with The Joker" I said, twiddling my thumbs.

"I know" Kirsten raised her eyebrows "as soon as you told me I flew in straight away; I thought all this time she just didn't want to talk to me...I wasn't the best sister in the world..."

"You do realise...if the police catch her...she will be sent to prison...or an asylum" I tried to say, but each word seemed to pain me.

Even though I now knew Ivy was associated with The Joker, I still held a pinch of respect for her.
She helped me with Harleen, and supported me when I was at my most vulnerable.

"What? No...you can't do that! What if she's being forced, being abused by this man! You can't send her to an asylum!" Kirsten stood up and clutched her bag.

"It isn't up to me, it's what's best if I-...I mean the police find her"

I intended on trying to find them myself though.
I knew the mansion what they had apparently been hiding in had exploded- but they were seen on a helicopter escaping from the scene.

I knew they were still in Gotham...
I know The Joker, he wouldn't just abandon his business.

"This man is dangerous! He kills people! He's probably hitting, punching and raping her right now!" She shouted down at me. She was starting to become ruthless with her words, understandably.

"The police are doing everything they can...but you have to understand Kirsten..." I paused, shifting in my seat "this isn't a man...this is the biggest crime lord anyone has ever known...he's sly and slippery. Once you have him, he's already gone"

She sat back down slowly.
I could see the anger drain out of her, and it was replaced with sadness.

She slouched in the chair, and looked down at the floor.
"Why are you involved? You aren't the police?"

"I'm...I'm an inspector" I lied.

I just wanted to speak to her for any information she may have.
It wasn't too hard finding her, she is the sister of one of the main suspects after all.

She nodded weakly.
"I didn't even know she was in hospital either...I didn't even know she was stabbed"

I looked up.
"She lost a baby too"

"What?!"

I furrowed my brows in confusion, I thought she might of known.
"Yes...she lost a baby- we suspect it was The Jokers, but we couldn't test it because the undeveloped foetus was lost in the hospital when it exploded"

Tears started to swell in her emerald green eyes, and she stood up once more.
"Oh my god...he...he must of raped her...she was raped!"

"Well...I don't think she was Kirsten" I blurted.

She sniffled and wiped away a tear.
"So you're saying that they had mutual sex? That this baby was planned or something?"

"Maybe not planned, but I know she wasn't raped"

"Yeah? How do you know huh?" He quizzed abruptly "I know my sister, she wouldn't go and fuck some...some...some psychopath!"

I sighed, then closed my eyes slightly.
My elbows were resting on the desk, and my hands were interlocked in front of me.
"Maybe she's a psychopath too..."

Her lips parted in shock, and she raised her eyebrows at me.
"How dare you! You're sat here calling a missing person who is on a red alert, who also happens to be my sister, a psycho?! Who do you think you are!?"

Suddenly, the door creaked open.

"Miss...I'm going to have to ask you to leave" I heard Alfred's voice. He was stood at the door.

Kirsten looked at Alfred, then turned and glared at me.
"You know, Mr Wayne...when they do find my sister, she sure as hell isn't gonna' be locked up in a god damn looney bin!"

Then, she stormed out of the room, pushing past Alfred.

Once we heard her exit the penthouse, Alfred approached me.

"Master Wayne, can I speak freely?" He asked.

"Of course"

"I don't think it's very wise to search for this duo yourself, let the police handle it"

"No Alfred! They killed Harleen! I can't let them get away with it!" I stated, standing up out of my chair to support my point.

He shook his head, then turned for the door again.
"Oh Bruce...I will not support this"

"Then don't support it! Let me deal with it!"

"Okay Master Wayne" he sighed "I'm sure it's something Batman would do...isn't it?"

I rolled my eyes at his subtle jab.
"Yes"

He silently tutted, then closed the door behind him.

Whatever Joker made Ivy do, I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Why did she befriend Harleen and me?
Why was she so calm, even though she was working for The Clown Prince of Crime?

I knew in the back of my mind they were possibly 'in love', but I knew that was impossible for Joker.
He didn't have the right emotions for such a thing.

He didn't even have emotions. He didn't hold remorse.

It felt good when I smashed his teeth in when I found out he killed Robin, but that was my last real encounter with him.

It amazed my how he didn't feel anything though.
He laughed while I knocked his teeth out.
He's a complete maniac.

I wondered if he ever cried.
Maybe...maybe before he was what he is now...

Although, I highly doubt The Clown Prince of Crime would cry...he's a monster,
And I was out for his blood.