Chapter 89- Grey

-IVY'S POV-

I woke up to the colour of grey. The smell of fresh metal. I could feel the sting of cold.

This had been a reoccurring feeling for five days. I had been held hostage for five days by Bruce Wayne.

I hadn't eaten anything, just water. I could feel my skin becoming tighter around my bones. All I had done was slept. I didn't want to be conscious knowing I wasn't where I wanted to be.
I had been strapped from head to toe to a cold, metal operating-like table. He probably couldn't risk me not being restricted. Little did he know he probably wouldn't be risking anything- I was too weak to fight, even try and escape.
I still didn't fully understand Bruce's aim by taking me. I don't even think he did himself.

I managed to let my eyes roll to my right. I was still in the same plain, grey room what Bruce had brought me to after he electrocuted me.
For the past four days, all I had seen was grey.

"You're awake" I heard a low tone beside me.

"Oh" I breathed "unfortunately It appears i am"

"No need to be snarky, Ivy" I heard Bruce tut.

"No need to be a dick, Bruce" I countered, emotionless.

"Don't you dare-"

"Or what?" I rolled my eyes "I may be strapped down right now, but once I get out of these, I'll grab you by your little bat balls and-"

Suddenly, I heard his body move aggressively, like he was standing up from a chair sharply.

"Tough words coming from Jokers little prodigy" he provoked, peering his head over me in my line of vision on the ceiling.

"Jokers prodigy?" I scoffed "good one"

"Oh but it's true, is it not?" He raised a sarcastic eyebrow nonchalantly.

"Like Harley?" I suggested provokingly "maybe you'll fall in love with me next"

Suddenly, his fist landed close next to my head with a loud metal sounding thud. I didn't react. My expression was neutral which dampened his threatening vibe. He knew he couldn't crack me.

"You're no hero" I commented flatly as he turned to leave "you're just a weak man with money who didn't have anything else to do"

His expression hardened and he fell silent. His face left my view, and I heard him sit back in his chair beside me.

"In October of last year, It is rumoured that Joker was seen spotted around the city with two henchmen. This was around the time you started worming your way into my home"

His comment made me think for a moment before my reply. It was unexpected. Our showdown had done a U- turn and formed into a confession.

"What?" I blurted without thought.

"Don't 'what' me" he spat "is it true Joker was in certain areas of Gotham at this time?"

All the electricity had erased parts of my memory, but I began to think.

Suddenly, the door opened and it was Alfred. He gave me a pitying look, then glanced at Bruce.

"Master Wayne, A visitor is here for you"

"Who is it?" Bruce replied in an irritated tone.

"I believe it's your young apprentice"

There was thoughtful silence, followed by a grunting sigh.
Bruce arose from his chair and began to walk to the door.

"I'm thirsty" I commented at the last second. I expected him to comply with me, considering he needed me.

"Alfred, fetch Miss Ivy some dishwater" I heard Bruce ask his old butler.

In retaliation, I began to rock the table I was strapped to and scream. I had enough.

"LET ME GO! YOU NEED ME! YOU BETTER DO WHAT I SAY BAT BOY!" I yelled, tossing my body around under the tight straps.

I heard the door shut, and silence follow after, which annoyed me even more.

I had somehow conjured up energy in my weak being. I continued to throw the metal table back and forth with fury, until suddenly it fell sideward toward the floor.

I shrieked as my body braced for impact, but I felt no impact. Just shock.
However, i was still restricted under straps.

I began fiddling with the buckles near my fingertips while I also tried to free my head from its strap.
After my sweat was quickly forming and my adrenaline increasing rapidly, i managed to unstrap my hands.

I was partly free, and I could sense the hope of escape.

-BRUCE'S POV-

"Ah, you must be Anthony Harris" I held my hand out.

The young man, who was my temporary apprentice, looked down at my hand before extending his own. A funny look drew across his face.

"Mr Wayne, is that blood?" He asked, still looking down.

I brought my hand up slightly, and indeed there was blood. My blood. It was still on my hand from last night when Ivy bit it.

"Oh, it's nothing" I chuckled, concealing the red marks "just a slight cut"

The young man just nodded.

"Any who" I diverted "I shall begin to introduce you to my work and schedules"

"Indeed Mr Wayne" The young Mr Harris replied.

As we walked to my office, I couldn't get my thoughts out of my mind. I was very good at separating my Batman and Bruce persona's, but this was different. I had a bad feeling about a lot of things but I didn't know where to start.

Once in my office, I grabbed a baby wipe and quickly cleaned my hands. The blood came of with a few wipes, but showed itself as a pinkish colour.

"Are you okay, Mr Wayne?"

Suddenly, I snapped my head up.

"Yes" I replied. I noticed I had been paying a little too much attention to the blood on my hand.

I quickly threw the wipe away and sat at my desk. I knew I wasn't acting normally, but how could I?

I knew for sure, that Ivy was not who she was before. I also had a feeling...that she was the villain Gotham had no idea about. This was just her beginning.