Chapter 78- Heat

"I slaughtered him" I admitted proudly to her.

As she processed my words, a small grin formed on her face.

"Tell me more" she bit her lip, turning to lay on her front.

Since we moved here, Ivy had become more...fearless- I loved it.
She seemed to love what I did, she didn't care too much about my 'work'.
If anything, I felt like she wanted to join in.

"There was nothing left of him" I continued "I shot him, then I stabbed him"

Her grin grew larger and larger with every detail I gave, and she became more childlike.

"How many times?"

I thought for a moment, I didn't usually get interviewed about my killings.

"You don't want to kno-"

"Oh, but I do" she cut me off with an intrigued expression.

"Like I said, there was nothing left of him" I explained once more, giving the hint.

"What else?"

"His smile was always so ugly, so I made him a better one" I evilly grinned.

She knew I was famous for cutting a smile into my victims faces, but she didn't react in a frightened manor like others, in fact, she giggled.

"You like what I do?" I questioned, moving closer to her "you're not scared?"

"Why would I be scared?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of me? Many reasons Princess"

She squinted her eyes, and smirked slightly.
"Okay, scare me"

I paused, analysing her playful request.
I watched as her tongue slightly drifted between her lips, and I wanted to kiss them so bad.

"No" I replied.

"Aw, why not?" She teased, tilting her head.

My reply was late, because I couldn't break the eye contact.
With Ivy, once you had eye contact with her, you could never look away. Her eyes were too captivating and mysterious.

"Your bath is surely cold by now" I said, laying back down casually.

She chuckled slightly.
"I don't feel like going back in the bath anymore"

"Oh really?" I smirked, bringing my arms up and resting them behind my head, and placing one foot over the other.

"Really" she whispered, her eyes drifting from my eyes to my mouth.

She leaned forward to kiss me, and I happily kissed back.

After the kiss became heavy, I pulled her on top of me, and she straddled my waist.
Before she leant back down to my lips, I admired the 'J' tattoo in-between her breasts, reminding me of the memory of when I tattooed it.

She was still naked, but the water what was previously dripping from her skin had now dried.
Her skin was soft and smooth.

Both her hands were placed on the sides of my face to deepen the kiss, and I ran my hands up and down her back and thighs.

I rolled her over until I was hovering over her.
She looked up at me with mischief in her eyes, and they matched mine.

I kissed her again hungrily, and our bodies moved together, causing heat between us both.

I could hear the television still on in the living room, and I could still faintly hear the news reporter explaining how "The Joker had killed the Mayor".
I was proud, I was satisfied.

As I listened to the heavy breathing of Ivy, along with her stifled moans- I also heard the weapon room door open and close.

I pulled away immediately, causing Ivy to flinch.

"What-"

"Shh" I hissed, hardly moving.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching the bedroom- and Ivy heard them too.
She squirmed underneath me, so I quickly held her still.

"Boss? It's me" I heard Frost call from the living room "I tried calling but you didn't pick up"

Ivy sighed with relief, but I just let out an annoyed groan.

"What?" I called out, climbing off Ivy.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Boss it's about-"

Just as Frost was going to finish his sentence, his eyes drifted to Ivy- who was still laying naked on the bed.

"Oh my god" she gasped, quickly getting under the sheets to cover herself.

"FROST" I yelled, pushing him out of the room, and closing the door behind us.
Luckily I was still wearing my Arkham pants.

"Boss I'm-"

"Sorry? Whatever" I rolled my eyes, exhaling deeply "what's so important that you needed to drop in, huh?"

"It's Ivy"

"What about her? What's happened?" I questioned automatically.

"She's no longer being searched for" Frost explained "the search party was called off after the murder of Anthony Garcia"

I smirked with delight, as my actions had killed two birds with one stone- so to speak.

"Really? Hm" I mumbled. I still couldn't get Ivy's body off my mind, she was so distracting.

"Yeah...I figured you should also know that...police think she's dead"

My eyes suddenly narrowed sternly.
"What?"

"Well they have been looking for her for a while now, so they came to the conclusion she's dead"

"Hm" I simply mumbled, my stern tone quickly fading.

"I better get going" he muttered, turning for the weapon room door.

"Hm" I mumbled again, nodding slightly, but looking elsewhere.

As he left awkwardly, I quickly turned back for the bedroom.

"Ivy!" I grinned, getting back on the bed.

"Yeah?"

"The search party for you is over, they stopped it" I explained, stroking her arm.

"Really!?" She chimed, sitting up.

She didn't waste any time in leaping forward and hugging me.
But she pulled away after a couple seconds.

"Does this mean I can go outside?" She asked, hope glimmering in her eyes.

"I...I...no" I stuttered.

"What!" She raised her voice, pulling even further away from me.

"Give it a week or two, okay?" I sighed, closing my eyes to think.

There was silence after my reply, then she spoke again in a quieter tone.

"Okay" she whispered, settling back into the sheets.

I knew she wanted to go outside again, and I didn't like taking that away from her, but at the same time I had to protect her- I couldn't ever lose her.