Chapter 58- Visitor

-BRUCES POV-

It was the next day.
I asked if I could keep the bullet, even though it was the thing what killed Harleen.

It didn't make sense though...why would Joker kill his creation? Why were they at ACE? Did he help her escape from Arkham in the first place?
He infuriated me.

I was currently waiting for assistance in the hospital. I was planning to speak to the mysterious woman who was found stabbed outside ACE two weeks ago.

"Mr Wayne, isn't it?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned and saw a woman with blonde hair- she looked like a nurse, but I recognised her straight away.

She used to be the receptionist at my building.

"Liz!" I smiled weakly, lightly embracing her "I didn't know you were a nurse?"

"Me neither until I passed medical school" she joked "so what brings you here Mr Wayne?"

"Please, call me Bruce" I warmed "I'm here because I wish to speak to a patient- maybe you could help me?"

"I could try" Liz grinned, straightening out her uniform "what's the patients name?"

I paused for a moment, thinking of my next words.
"I...well...you see, I don't actually know"

She furrowed her brows, then let out an awkward chuckle.
"You're not giving me much to work with here, Bruce"

"I know, I know...its just the police have left her name secret- confidentiality and such" I explained

"Police?" Liz questioned.

I nodded.
"Yes...she was stabbed? Three times i'm aware"

"Ah, yes" she said "I know who you mean, I'm her nurse. I was actually just getting her some water"

"Really? Could I speak to her?"

"I...I don't know" she whispered "why do you want to speak to her?"

"I need to know what she saw the night she was stabbed...its a personal thing"

"Oh, okay....well I would have to ask her"

I agreed, and waited further as I watched Liz go back from where she came.

-IVYS POV-

My breathing was becoming slower over the days.
My skin becoming paler, my bones becoming visible.
My eyes becoming more darker around the edges.

I was slowly being destroyed by my mind.
I was depressed, and I couldn't fix it.

Everyday I would wake up to expect Joker beside me. He would usually be topless with his tattooed chest exposed.
I would always wake up first, then I cuddled up to him, he would then wake up.
We would talk for hours after.

But all that was taken away from me.
Now, i woke up in a cold, dark room with wires sticking out of my arms, unable to move.

I wondered how he was doing...
Is he stable? Has he moved on?

Now that I had lost my unborn daughter, I started questioning if Joker would leave me too- it would make sense.
I was weak, especially now.