Chapter 2- Realisation

"Oh that, my dear was an exquisite performance!" Joker praised Harley, but mostly praising his own work also.
He changed gears and turned a corner rapidly, causing Harley to hold on to the side of the car.

"I know" she smiled.

"I want you to look out for Little ol' Batsy, I imagine he will make an appearance" Joker instructed as he kept his eyes on the road, but driving like a maniac.

Harley rolled her eyes. She wanted more out of him, not just a compliment. For a while she had been thinking....thinking about her relationship with Joker.

"Does he use me? IS he using me?" Harley thought.
Thoughts like this would always pop up in her mind.
She decided to shrug it off and smile.
"He LOVES me!" She thought again, reassuringly.

Suddenly, jokers shout broke her from her
thoughts.

"What!?" She shouted back.

"Don't answer me back" he growled.

"I'm only sayin' what! Why you shoutin?" Harley asked as sweetly as possible in her Brooklyn accent.

"You weren't even following my order!" He snapped as he turned another corner.
This time, the turn was so sudden and Harley didn't hold on to anything, making her lean into Mr J.

"Get off me!" Joker hissed, wriggling in his seat.

Harley positioned herself back In her seat, and felt one of her tears fall on her leg.

"Why are you so-"

"Stop crying Harley, it's not attractive" Joker commanded.

There was silence, but then it was suddenly broken.

"No! No I won't stop cryin'!" Harley sniffled.

Joker sighed, but didn't say anything.

"You...you treated me like I was your queen back there, but when we're at home you treat me, you treat me-"

"Shut up Harley for fucks sake!" He shouted as he aggressively changed gear, what caused her to flinch.

After a period of silence, they made it back to jokers secret mansion (joker probably doesn't live in an abandoned mansion but in this story he does ok)

As joker was pulling up in the drive, Harley wasted no time in getting out of the car, and without thinking, she opened the door.

She screamed in pain and she fell out on to the ground and rolled down the drive, ripping her dress and grazing her skin.

Joker stopped the car immediately, and got out, slamming the door behind him.

"What are you doing Harley!?" He shouted again, looking down at her, as she was trying to get up.

Suddenly she let out a large cry, gasping for air and covering her face, smearing her makeup in the process.

Joker rolled his eyes and looked at his surroundings, then looked back down at her.

Her gold and black dress glittered in the moonlight, and her hair was lightly curled- she knew he liked it when she looked like that.

"Why are you so mean to me?" She mumbled, as she wiped her face.

"I'm not 'mean' to you Harley, it's business" he sighed.

"So you only use me for your business...and sex?" She cried.

She tried to get up, but the graze on her knee made contact with a sharp piece of gravel, causing her to fall back down to the ground in pain.

Joker just stood, leaning against his Lamborghini watching her struggle.

After some silence, Harley heard him start to laugh devilishly.

"What!?" She sniffled.

"Look at you" he cackled as he pointed.

"Yeah, well you made me this way! You created me you, you...asshole!" Harley shouted.

As she said that, she felt immediate regret, she loved him.

But suddenly, she regretted it even more.

She shrieked in agony, as a sharp pain struck her face, causing her to curl up in a ball on the ground.

"Don't EVER speak to me like that!" Mr J bellowed down at her.

Harley flinched at every word what came out of his mouth, she had never been this scared of him before, but she knew now...he wasn't her Puddin anymore.