Chapter 37- Doubtful Romance

-IVYS POV-

~one month later~

It had been one month since I found out I was pregnant.
I wasn't showing yet, but I would start in another two months. By that time I will have to leave Joker.

Although, I do treasure this unborn child.
I only eat healthy things like fruit and veg, and I talk to it every day- it sounds crazy, but I want it to get used to its mothers voice..even if it doesn't have ears yet...

It seemed to always be the same routine.
I go see Harleen in the day, then Joker goes out to meetings at night.
He has been away a lot recently because of meetings, he told me it has something to do with 'the next phase'.

I knew there was a next phase to the plan, but I had no idea what it was! He seemed to be planning it out thoroughly though, like he always seemed to do.

We hardly saw each other because of this routine.
It upset me slightly, but I knew I couldn't focus on him as much anymore- I had to focus on the baby.

I had tried my best not to let the secret slip.
If he found out I was pregnant he would probably make me get rid of it somehow, I couldn't risk that.

I was currently at Wayne Enterprises, and me and Harleen were just talking on the couch like we usually did.

"And that's when I said 'Bruce, you don't wash your hair with bar soap!'" Harleen laughed as she finished her funny story.

I chuckled along with her until she spoke again.
"So, how's Jerome? You should really bring him along"

My smile suddenly dropped.
"oh um" I stuttered "he...he's busy"

"Come onnnn Ivy!" He grinned "I want to meet him! We could go on a double date!"

I smiled awkwardly
"Well you see..we are kind of..on hold with a lot of things at the moment"

"What like? God, you're not pregnant are you?" She joked

I didn't reply.

"Oh my god!!" She screamed "YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"Yes I am" I laughed

She pulled me into a tight hug and said congratulations.

"how long!?" She asked enthusiastically

"One month!" I smiled

"Oooo thought of any names?"

"Not really...well...maybe.."

"Tell me!" She giggled

I rolled my eyes jokingly.
"Well I like the name Ingrid for a little girl..." I said "and Ash for a little boy"

"They're beautiful! Very unusual" she complimented "you said you liked gothic things"

"Ugh, I do!" I chuckled "I practically live in a gothic mansio-"

I stopped myself saying anymore.

"You live in a mansion!?" Harleen looked surprised

"No..I like to think I do though!" I joked nervously