Chapter 22- Games In The Dark

-IVYS POV-

I can't believe he just said that. His last sentence rang through my mind, only making want to pull the trigger more.

"Shoot me!" He provoked.

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed.

I shut my eyes and lowered the gun down then shot without aim, not knowing if I had hit him or not...but after I heard him yell in agony..I supposed otherwise.

"YOU...YOU...AH!" Joker shouted as he keeled over on the ground in pain.

"Holy shit i shot him...oh my god" my thoughts yelled in my head.

I threw the gun to the other side of the room and dropped down to the floor with him.

"WHERE ARE YOU SHOT!?" I shouted, trying to lift him up.

"YOU SHOULD KNOW YOU BITC- AHH" he hissed in pain.

I looked down and he was holding his side, just below his stomach.
"T...take your hand off" I said.

He slowly revealed the bloody wound, and it looked bad.

"Shit..." I mumbled in shock.

I helped him up, then laid him on the bed.

"Where's your first aid kit?" I asked in a hurry, still not taking my eyes off the blood seeping through his fingers.

"Downstairs. I'm fine" he sighed, gently putting his head back on the pillow.

"No you're not. I need to remove the bullet" I said.

"I know that's why I said I'm fine" he joked, but I could hear the pain in his voice.

Why did I feel bad? He insulted me.
Maybe it was because I had never shot anyone before...well if I'm going to be working for Joker I will have to get used to it...

"Where the fuck is it!" I shouted.
I realised I was a bit harsh, but I was under pressure.

"In the kitchen" he sighed.

I quickly bolted out the room, ran to the kitchen in the basement, grabbed the box and ran back up in a matter of seconds.

I knelt beside the bed, and asked him to take his hand off the wound..and when he did i couldn't believe I did this...he seemed so calm about it, I would be screaming.

"Holy shit...how do I do this" I panicked to myself out loud.

"Tweezers" he instructed, breathing out heavily.

I rummaged through the box, and then I finally found them.

I looked at him, and he gave me a nod.
"Do it" he said.

I sighed...then stuck the tweezers in the wound.
His body tensed up but I knew he was trying to keep calm.

I absolutely hated it. The deeper I pushed I just felt like I was making it worse.

Suddenly, I felt something hit the tweezers.
"I think I got it!" I smiled.

I slowly pulled the tweezers out, and a gold fragment was in between them, totally covered in blood.

"There's more" I said.

He didn't reply, so I just stuck them back in again.
I moved them around until I felt fragments.
Every move I made he let out frustrated groans.

"Okay...this is the last piece" I grinned as I examined the large bit of metal I had just pulled out. I then placed it with the others.
There were 5 all together, some bigger than others.