Chapter 44- Insults

-IVYS POV-

"So what have the doctors said?" I asked, looking over at Bruce in the passengers seat.

"They rang me earlier...they said she killed 4 men"

I gasped loudly, feeling my stomach tense
"Are you kidding me!?"

He shook his head
"I wish I was..."

I sighed, and tried to keep my eyes on the road.
I didn't want to go back to the Asylum, especially not today.
This morning was so special, and I wanted to spend the day with Joker- instead I was spending it in the building where he was abused, and with the man who smashed his teeth in.

I turned and gave Bruce an apologetic look.
"Look...I think...I think we should leave her" I said "leave her to be Harley..."

Bruce shot me a glare.
"Oh so I just leave her? I leave Harleen inside that...that thing!?"

"She isn't Harleen anymore!" I raised my voice "she's killed people Bruce!"

He ran his hands down his face, and stared out of the window.
"I can't...I can't"

"Well what else are you going to do huh?" I questioned as I pulled up outside the Asylum.

I stopped the car and turned to him.

"I don't know Ivy...I can see Harleen in her still...she's crying out for help"

"That's you're call, Bruce" I sighed "I hope you make the right decision"

I opened the door and stepped out, and Bruce copied.

We entered the building and made our way to a doctor who was waiting for us.

"Mr Wayne" he greeted, but with a look of worry "how was your journey?"

"Fine" he replied "where's Harlee- I mean...Harley"

"Follow me" the man said, leading us down some stairs, what seemed to be a basement.

Me and Bruce followed cautiously, both questioning why we were being lead downward and not upward.

"I understand my colleague told you about...about the events what took place this morning" the doctor gulped, still trying to look professional.

"Yes...I'm sorry" Bruce sighed.

The man nodded sadly.
"When I found out she had killed my colleagues...my friends...I sent her down here"

"And this place is?" I questioned

We got to the last step of the stairs, and the lights were off- it was cold too.

"The shock room"

The man switched on the light, and there was a big red door In front of us with a large wheel on it.

"SHOCK ROOM?" Bruce shouted, turning the doctor around by the shoulder

"Bruce! He's only doing his job!" I said, defending the man who looked intimidated.

Bruce stepped back and sighed
"I'm...I'm sorry"

"No matter" the doctor managed to forgive.