Chapter 7- A New Face In The City

"Hey dude, help me with this would ya?" Ivy asked, as she held 2 heavy boxes filled with books and DVD's.

The truck driver sighed as he picked up multiple boxes and lugged them up two flights of stairs to her new apartment.

Once all her belongings were in her new home, she paid the truck driver as he was leaving, then hurried to get things unpacked.

Before she touched anything, she looked around the place.

Nothing had changed since she last saw it when she visited it with the real estate agent 3 months ago, but she was so excited to finally have a place of her own.

The apartment was quite small- it was all she could afford.
One bedroom.
One bathroom.
One kitchen.
And one living room.

She didn't care, she was just happy she was finally out of her sisters apartment what they used to share- until her sister got a boyfriend, and that ruined everything.

Suddenly, Ivy's phone lit up and started to ring.

She looked at the name what had appeared.

"Sis"

She rolled her eyes and picked up, putting on a fake smile even though there was no one around.

"Hey sis" she said plainly.

"Hi Ivy" her sister replied.

"Can I ring you back later, i'm busy" Ivy asked emotionless.

She heard a loud sigh as a reply from her sister.

"I said I was sorry okay? You said you were planning on moving out way before Marcus moved in, so don't blame it on him" her sister stated.

Ivy's older sister, Kirsten, had kicked Ivy out of their apartment what they shared. She didn't really give an explanation to why, but Ivy knew it was because of Marcus, Kirsten's boyfriend.

"Just so you know, I never liked Marcus, and he has never liked me" Ivy spat.

Kirsten held her tongue, she didn't want to start an argument so she changed the topic.

"So what's it like over there? I heard there is lots of crime" Kirsten said with concern in her tone.

Ivy laughed "I love it here actually, Gotham is beautiful, and I don't think I will get involved in any crime, I can fend for myself anyway"

"Fend for yourself? Remember when you were 7 and dad had to get a small spider out of the bathtub for you, because you were screaming your head off?" Ivy heard Kirsten scoff on the other end.

"I was 7!" Ivy giggled.

Ivy's and Kirsten's mother died in childbirth after she had Ivy, so they both lived with their father, until they were taken off him by child services, after Kirsten had the courage to finally report him.

Their father had trouble with Alcohol and drugs, especially after their mother died, and he blamed Ivy for her death. He never hit her, he just shouted at her.
When Kirsten had the courage, she reported him, and they were taken away from him and he was sent to a rehab facility.