Chapter 71- Yesterday

~I got a Life size cardboard cut out of MrJ!
I screamed and teared up when I saw it,
I wish I was kidding😂 and yes, that
poster you see behind him is an Adventure
Time poster-It seems I am still mentally a child😂~

~I got a Life size cardboard cut out of MrJ!I screamed and teared up when I saw it,I wish I was kidding😂 and yes, thatposter you see behind him is an AdventureTime poster-It seems I am still mentally a child😂~

-JOKERS POV-

"Our little girl...our beautiful little girl"

I saw tears form in her eyes, then she cupped her hands over her face.

"Ivy...it was just a dream, or a nightmare" I tried to console, even though I didn't really understand what was happening.

"I was so real...it felt so real J" she cried into her hands.

I sighed silently, looking aside for a moment.
I didn't like discussing Ingrid anymore- it only made me sensitive, and I didn't like showing that side of me.

"Ivy, look at me" I mumbled, nudging her slightly.

She took her hands away from her face then sniffled. I could see the redness in her eyes, the paleness in her cheeks.

"It was just a dream" I repeated, keeping strong eye contact.

She closed her eyes tightly again to stop more tears from falling, then shook her head.
"She spoke to me...she did"

"Don't do this to me Ivy..." I exhaled, feeling sadness take over my being.

"She was here, she was so-"

"She's dead!" I raised my voice in aggravation "she was never born!"

Ivy looked at me, her lips slowly parting.
She was stunned at my words- so stunned it seemed like she was temporarily unable to react.

Suddenly, she pulled the covers off her and swung herself out the bed without a word.

"Iv-" I sighed, but stopped myself. I decided to just let her walk away.

I heard her walk to the bathroom at a fast pace, then I heard her burst out crying again.

I collapsed back down onto the pillow, and breathed out deeply. I stared up at the ceiling hopelessly and tiredly.

I didn't like sensitive feelings- I had gone so long blocking them out.

The thought that I could've been a father made me feel things more, and every time I heard her name...Ingrid...it seemed to make me emotional, and I couldn't control it.