Chapter 8- Burns And Blood

Im trying not to describe Ivy's looks too much so you guys can imagine her as you like<3

-IVY'S POV-

I woke up on my mattress what was laying on the ground without a frame. Mostly because I was too tired to put it together the night before.

The time was nearly 12 o clock, so I needed to get up. I rubbed my eyes and stretched, while letting out a little squeal.

As I got up and had a shower, I thought about the mysterious man who I encountered last night.
"So weird" i thought "is everyone like that in Gotham? So talkative and creepy?"

I didn't really the see the man as a threat though, he would've just attacked me there and then right? But he didn't.

When I got out of the shower, I applied my everyday makeup, which was just a bit of foundation, dark eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Then I just lightly filled in my brows.

As I began to straighten my hair, I slipped my phone in my speakers and put on "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

"Mama! I didn't mean to make you cry, if I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on! carry on!" I sung along with a big smile of my face.

I spun in little circles, dancing to the song, but when I accidentally stepped on the straighteners wire I dropped them.

"Shit!!" I screamed, as the straighteners had burned my arm as they fell to the ground.

I ran to the main plug and switched them off quickly, then ran to the kitchen.

I turned on the cold tap and stuck my forearm underneath the cool water.

I sighed in relief as the burn cooled down, but it also left my entire arm numb from the extremely cold water, but I didn't care at this point.

After about 5 minutes of the water running on my arm, I decided to turn it off as I started to worry about the water bill.

I opened up one of the top shelves what I had filled with my first aid stuff, and grabbed a large cloth-like bandage and began to wrap up my burn.

"I'm so stupid" I mumbled to myself as I walked back into my room.

I slipped on a clean pair of black leggings and a long sleeved black crop top, then put on my dark red Doc Martins.

Today I planned on looking around the city and getting to know it, and I would deal with my unpacking later- but to be honest, I was trying to put it off.

I grabbed my purse and phone, then headed for the door, locking it behind me.

When I got down the two flights of stairs in the apartment building, the sunlight finally hit my face when I got outside.

The streets were full of life, compared to last night when it was like a ghost town.

I made my way to a small cafe, as I was in DESPERATE need of food!

As I opened the cafe door, it rang a little bell what caused the woman behind the counter to look over.

There was an elderly couple in the corner, chatting with empty cups in front of them, and a young woman near them typing on a laptop, sipping her coffee every couple minutes.