Chapter 23- Change Of Heart

Hey! I wanted to say thank you again :) I know I have said it quiet a few times but I really am greatful, and I really enjoy writing this story for you! I push myself on putting up an update a day, because I know what's it's like when a story isn't updated for weeks on a cliffhanger! Any ways, hope you enjoy this Chapter x

~~~~~~~~~

-JOKERS POV-

I opened my eyes, and came conscious again from my very much needed sleep. It seemed to still be dark outside though, maybe around 4 in the morning?
when my senses fully adjusted, I felt a sharp agonising pain on my side, then remembered I was shot...

"What's wrong?" I heard Ivy asked in a little raspy voice.

I looked down at her, Her head resting on my chest. Strands of her hair were draped across her face...god she looked so beautiful.

"Nothing" I said, shutting my eyes again.

"Okay" she yawned, as she wrapped her hands around me.

I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't.
I couldn't stop feeling a gnawing lust for her...every time I looked at her.

When me and Harley were together, it was explosive at first...we both loved each other...but as time went on I drifted away from her, and she knew that. So she became extremely clingy.

She would interfere in my business and always wanted 'love and cuddles' out of me. There wasn't any danger, no mystery anymore.

Whereas Ivy...she...I can't explain it. I've never felt this way before. Maybe it was because of the love/hate we had.

Suddenly I felt a little grumble against my chest.
I looked down, and the beams of moonlight what shone through the the cracks in the boarded up window illuminated her.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"I can't sleep" she moaned, sitting up and facing me.

"Me neither" I replied through a whisper.

She looked down at my bandage, then looked away immediately, I could see the guilt in her eyes.
"I'm sorry" she sighed.

"It's fine, I'm feeling better already" I joked.

She let out a little giggle, then she quickly spread a look of curiosity on her face.

"Um...so when does the plan start? She asked silently, drawing small circles on my chest.

I could tell she was irritated, but she tried not to make it visible.

"Soon" I replied "but I've changed it"

"Oh really, how so?" She asked again sounding un interested, as she traced the 'Joker' tattoo on my stomach.

"I...I've been thinking" I breathed out heavily "I don't want Harley back"

She looked up and her eyes widened.
"What?!"

"I've...had a change of heart you could say" I mumbled quietly, I didn't want to admit it.

She leaned toward me and gave me a gentle kiss, then laid back down and rested her head on my chest again.