Dance of the Dryland Butterflies

Começar do início

 “Impossible…” I whispered, my fingers trailing over her bumpy stomach.

“Not in the least, Sonee” Elisabeta said from behind me.

“It hasn’t even been a week” I said, turning around to face Elisabeta who also was staring at Karens growing stomach.

“Vampire pregnancies are very different from Human pregnancies, As human pregnancies last up to nine months, Vampire pregnancies can last up to a month to a year, All vampire birthing periods are different, Some are fast some are different just like how they grow, They can be eighteen in a month or in human aging, Drake aged normally as so did the rest of my children, Much to Vlad’s disappointment” Elisabeta explained with a chuckle at the end.

“Wow…” I gaped, my hand subconsciously brushing over my stomach.

“Yeah, The morning sickness is way worse than humans too, The symptoms of vampire pregnancy are also very different, Terrible blood lust, even paler skin, night sweats, sharp pangs, weird dreams, sudden dizziness, But we also have similar symptoms to humans like, Morning sickness, strange food cravings, peeing all the time but that’s mostly at the end” She laughed.

My eyes widened at the crazy symptoms, and the sudden pang in my stomach.

“How did you have so many kids” I muttered, and felt a sudden wave of nausea come over me that had me clutching at the trashcan next to the bed.

“Sonee! Oh goodness, are you okay?” Elisabeta rushed, pulling back my hair as I threw up again.

“Fine… it’s just from the changing” I said quietly, spitting into the trash can.

“Are you sure? I didn’t have any of this…” Elisabeta worried, and I waved her off.

“I-I’m fine, I’m also a little nervous about tonight, so it’s probably just nerves” I gave her a weak smile, and she squeezed my shoulder.

“Okay… But if you feel bad again before tonight tell me, don’t want you throwing up on the guest” She joked, and I cracked a smile.

“I’m going to go find Drake, Do you know where he might be?” I asked, walking to the door.
“Oh… I think he was with Kodak while Kodak unpacked as he is staying the night with his parents, Lots of guest will be.” She smiled, and I had a feeling I knew where Kodak’s room was.

 I smiled as I heard Drake’s voice as I approached a room with a ‘K’ carved into it.

But I paused when I heard Drake groan.

“So you two did it huh?” I heard Kodak chuckle.

“Yes for the last time! It was amazing…” I heard Drake sigh dreamily, and I smiled.

“You used protection right?” Kodak said curiously and seriously now.

“No? Should we have?” Drake said in a confused voice.

“Uh yeah! What if she gets pregnant? You haven’t even got married yet and you could have the baby before the wedding even!” Kodak said worried, and I could practically imagine his eyes bursting from his head, figuratively of course.

“Dude… I can’t handle a baby right now… Not for another few years…”Drake started, but when Sonee’s stomach lurched she couldn’t stay to hear the rest.

When I was finally able to get away from the toilet I rummaged through all the drawers of one of the guest bathrooms.