Chapter 157: Rage.

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Your mother and I are getting a divorce..."

"What!? No! Dad why?!"

"We just feel as if its for the best Cassie."

"For the best!? Why haven't you two talked to me before about this and told me that you were having problems in your marriage!?"

"Nah I'm just kidding."

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" I said as I punched his arm. "What were you really going to tell me?"

"Well the truth is..... Your birth parents are ready to finally meet you."

"Dad this isn't funny!"

"I know...."

"Stop playing around and tell me..."

"What? You thought I was kidding about your actual parents being alien fanatic crackheads that live in the mountains?"

I stared at him as he kept a straight face which I tried to do but failed miserably when I started giggling.

"Why is my dad like this?" I asked god as I looked up to the sky.

"What?" Asked Dad. "Incredibly handsome and intelligent with an amazing sense of humor?"

"No a complete maniac." I corrected him.

"I didn't become a complete maniac until after my biggest mistake..."

"What's your biggest mistake?"

"You."

"I was not a mistake!" I replied defensively. "Mom said Riley was a mistake!"

"Riley sure as hell was a mistake but so were you."

"Liar..."

"Cassidy, Alexander was nearly 10 years older than you.... Do you really think we intentionally waited 10 whole years just for another kid?"

"Thought you said i was adopted...."

"You were. My biggest mistake was adopting you."

"Explain the pictures of mom holding me as she laid in the hospital bed when I was first born."

"Those weren't real. The day we adopted you we went to a photography company and they set up a fake hospital room and took pictures of your mom holding a sack of potatoes wrapped in a blanket."

"You really do have an answer for everything dont you?"

"I only speak the truth."

"Jesus." I laughed. "Dad did you just bring me out here to annoy me? Because if so its working."

His expression gradually began to change from playfulness to sternness.

"Here we go...." I mumbled.

"I'm only telling you this because I trust that you'll help. And this stays between me and you is that understood?"

I nodded my head yes.

Then he hit me with a sentence I wanted to strangle him with...

"Floyd's not on the run. He's still at home."

"HE'S WHAT!?"

"Cassidy wait- let me explain..."

"EXPLAIN WHAT!? THE FACT THAT THERE'S A COLD-BLOODED MURDERER NEXT DOOR!?"

"Please quiet down.." He insisted. "He's turning himself in tomorrow morning. Julisee made your mother and I promise that we wouldn't call the cops yet."