Chapter 47: I almost died.

If I told you that the next day was even worse I'd be lying. Because the next day was the complete opposite. It was actually one of the best days I'd had in a while. Years even.

So I'll just start off by saying that Max and I stayed up until about 2 am just talking about how crazy the past six months had been. We went outside of the tent for a while and just sat against a tree, gazing up at the stars. I even rested my head against him as he put his arm around me, held my hand and our fingers became intertwined. My heart raced every time I felt his hand slightly squeeze mine. I never wanted that moment to end.

The next morning started off casual. I woke up and crawled out of the tent at around 9 am. When I did, I looked around and saw that everyone else was already up. They were sitting at the picnic table, still in their PJ's, eating donuts. I walked up and joined them, sitting next to Max.

"How'd you sleep?" Jordan asked.

"Pretty good." I said. "You?"

"Pretty horrible." He replied. "Lindsay and AJ argued until 3 am. They were fighting and kicking the shit out of eachother over a fucking hershey bar."

"It was hilarious." River remarked. "They woke me up with their yelling so I walked over to their tent to see what was going on. Jordan unzipped it but as soon as he did Lindsay accidentally kicked him while trying to kick AJ and he went off. He tackled the hell out of her as if she was a grown ass man."

"Yea he was all like 'listen here lil bitch. I don't care if you kick the shit out of AJ but if you kick me again I'm gonna kick your ass out of the fucking tent and make you sleep outside with the goddamn bears!' River almost died laughing." Said AJ. "Then Lindsay got mad at him for laughing and threw a rock at his head."

I looked over at River and saw that he had a small gash on his forehead.

"Well he shouldn't have been laughing." Lindsay stated.

"She threw a rock at him?!" I asked shocked. "What'd River do?"

"Nothing. He just threatened to throw her in the lake if she did it again." AJ chuckled.

"Wasn't a threat..." River smirked.

"Oh shut up." Lindsay retaliated as she threw a piece of her donut at him making us all giggle.

I felt Max grab my hand under the table and I glanced at him. He smiled at me and held it tighter.

"Speaking of the lake, we all decided that we're gonna go swimming today. You coming?" Allison asked.

"Yea. Definitely." I replied. I hadn't been swimming in forever.

Even though it was the end of January, the weather outside was pretty mild. The sun was out and the temperature was in the lower 70's... not too bad for swimming.

After we finished eating, Lindsay, Allison, and I walked down to the girls' restroom and changed into our swimsuits. I stood looking into the mirror adjusting mine when Allison walked up.

"So how did last night go?" She asked as she stood next to me fixing her swimsuit as well. Her body was literally perfect. You could easily tell she was a model by how fit she was and how toned her skin was.

"What?" I asked in response.

"Last night, did you two... you know... 'slap bellies'?"

I thought about what she meant and when I realized it I immediately assured her that we didn't.

"Oh god no. No we didn't."

"Didn't what?" Lindsay asked as she exited a stall.

"Max and Cassidy didn't even get it on last night! Can you believe it?!" Allison told Lindsay. "This camping trip is the perfect time and place to be romantic!"