Chapter 37: Falsehood Flies and Truth Comes Limping After

A/N!!!

Please please pleeeeease leave a comment/feedback on what you thought of this chapter!!! I could really use it.

Anyways, this chapter is fuuuull of drama and exposed secrets.... Hope you enjoy! X
*****************************

"Stop walking and tell me what the hell that was back there!" I yelled at River.

We'd just gotten back to my parents' house and River hadn't said a word to me since we left Max's house. We walked into my room and I closed the door behind us.

He took his shirt off and started towards the bathroom...still ignoring me.

"I swear if you don't talk to me I'm not talking to you for the rest of the month!" I warned.

Still no answer. I was SO pissed considering he and Max could've DIED as well as Madison and I.

I ran up behind him and swung him around a bit too hard.

He quickly turned around and brought his fist up as if he was about to hit me.

I gasped.

He did not just do that.

Without thinking I charged and started punching the hell out of him as hard as I could.

He blocked his face as he picked me up with ease and threw me onto the bed. While I was laying down I kept kicking and punching at him as he tried to grab my legs.

"You fucking asshole!" I screamed. "Get away from me!"

"Cassidy- Cassidy! Baby, stop!" He yelled.

He managed to climb on top of me and held my hands over my head.

Tears were streaming down my face. Not because I was angry but because I couldn't believe what he'd just did.

"Cassidy, I'm sorry." He apologized while trying to catch his breath.

"You- you were gonna hit me!"

"No I wasn't. It was just out of instinct. Sweetheart, you know I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you. I'd never even think about putting my hands on you to hurt you."

"You almost punched me..." I replied still in disbelief.

"Like I said it was just my natural instinct. I may have brought my fist up but I promise it would've never come close to you bien-aime."

I spit in his face.

"Your natural instinct? Bullshit!" I yelled through the tears.

He held my wrists tighter over my head as I tried to get up.

"Cassidy you ran up on me and swung me around so hard I almost fell over! The only people that do shit like that are grown ass men looking for a fight so of course I reacted that way. I wouldn't dare ever hit a woman, especially you!"

"You're hurting me." I said through a shaky voice.

"What?" He asked.

I twisted my wrist.

He let go of it and I brought it in front of my face.

It was as red as blood. I knew it was gonna bruise.

The door bursted open and Max walked in.

River let go of my other wrist and got off of me.

"You hit her?" Max asked.

"No I didn't hit her."

"But you almost did." Max stated through gritted teeth.

"Were you eavesdropping?" River asked.