Chapter 98: I'm in

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I was.

I didn't think he was gonna ever propose.

This all felt like a dream.

A fairytale even.

I genuinely thought of River as prince Charming because, come on, he's like the literal definition of perfection.

Here I was engaged to a French guy with the most gorgeous set of eyes, a killer smile, the biggest heart in the world, the most amazing personality even though he was an ass, a hilarious sense of humor, and a tough yet occasionally soft side.

NOT TO MENTION HE WAS A SOCCER STAR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND A BASEBALL STAR IN COLLEGE.

He was honestly way out of my league which was why I considered myself the luckiest girl in the world.

After the party we were on our way to the parking lot when my phone started to ring. I pulled it out and saw that it was my dad.

"Hey dad." I answered trying not to spill the news yet.

"Congratulations princess." He said.

"Wait you know?" I asked confused.

"Of course I do. River called me last night and asked for my permission."

I looked up at River as he smiled, our hands still entangled.

"He's so perfect dad." I stated, a little overwhelmed.

"Well I'm glad you're happy." Dad laughed. "Mom wants to talk to you."

He handed the phone to my mom and I got an earful of her joyous crying.

"Sweetie you're growing up so fast I cant believe this! Last night when your father told me that River was gonna propose I cried so much and it hadn't even happened yet! I'm extremely happy for you and you know I'm gonna help you with the wedding preparations and everything else! I even have a guy that-"

"Mom we're just engaged." I laughed. "Some people go years being engaged before they actually get married."

"Its never too early to start planning!"

It was so cute how happy she was.

"Okay mom then you go ahead and start planning. I'll call you guys tomorrow."

"Bye sweetie! I love you."

"Love you too mom."

I hung up and looked at River in annoyance.

"That woman is something else." I giggled.

We arrived at home close to midnight.

We walked inside as Maracel was coming down the stairs.

"Perfect timing." She said. "I just finally got the babies to go to sleep."

"Thank god. Their stupid crying annoys me." Elise stated as she began to walk upstairs. "You coming Jenna?"

"I'll be up there later. I'm going to the mancave with Rome and Gray."

"Suit yourself."

"Um its midnight... You, Rome and Grayson aren't going anywhere but to bed." River retorted.

"Oh come on. I'm 13. I should be able to stay up past midnight."

"Jenna I literally have to dash water in your face every morning to wake you up for school because you stay up all night. You really need to fix your sleep schedule."