Chapter 137: Secrets

Riley's P.O.V.

Tonight was gonna be a disaster.

I could already tell.

You know why?

Because River hated snobby, rich people.

Max hated French people.

Jordan hated self-entitled people.

And Stormy just hated people.

And you know who Kevin's parents were?

Snobby, self-entitled, rich, French people.

And you know what River, Max, Stormy, and Jordan all had in common?

They were all extremely outspoken.

I tried to warn Carlisle and Elizabeth that this was a bad idea but nope... No one ever listens to Riley.

We sat around the dinner table and made small talk as we waited for Giovanni to bring out the main entree.

"Good evening everyone." He said as he walked in and placed it in the middle of the table. "I will present to you now a famous dish from my home country that also happens to be one of my favorites."

"The last time you made food from your home country i had nightmares for three weeks..." Said Jordan.

"Make that two of us..." River added.

"I assure you the entree is actually dead this time." Gio stated.

Well he was right, thank god.

Everyone was fairly quiet within the first 5 minutes of eating because the situation itself was very uncomfortable.

Some of us just weren't talking because we were afraid of what might come out of our mouths if we did.

For that reason River banned Rome and Gray from talking at all.

"So David, Katherine..." Carlisle began, referring to Kevin's parents. "What's your line of business?"

"We are the owners of Christian Dior." David answered.

"Dude half of my wardrobe is Christian Dior." Said Sonny. "But wait- doesn't Christian Dior own his own company?"

"He did at a point in time but he lost his way." Said Katherine. "Pauvre garçon.... Now he's just the face of the company. My husband and I own it."

"I don't have to ask you what your business is." David began, talking to Carlisle. "Pretty sure everyone in France knows who you are. So tell me, what's it like being the owner of the France National Football Team?"

I had to keep reminding myself that football was something completely different in Europe.

"Oh its splendid. The fans are amazing, the players are amazing, the organization itself is amazing."

"Father, Antoine Griezmann comes over every now and then!" Kevin stated. "I nearly fangirled the first time I met him."

Antoine Griezmann was one of the soccer players. And one of the best on the French team. He comes over from time to time which I hate. Don't get me wrong, he's a cool guy its just that the girls always gawk over him the ENTIRE time he's here.

"Wow. Very nice." Said David. "I'll have to catch a game sometime. I send Kevin to all of them because he basically begs me. I haven't been to one in years. Though I should start going again, it'll give me a way to get rid of some of this money i have since I don't know what else to do with it." He laughed.