Chapter 67: The Breakdown

Remember to leave feedback!!! (((: Rate, rate, rate, comment, comment, comment!!!!! 😊😊😊
******************************

Max's P.O.V. 

Lindsay and I made up.

I told her everything.

She knew I could possibly be the father of Cassidy's kids.

She knew that Cassidy and I had been messing around for months.

She knew everything.

And I knew everything.

She told me about some guy she hooked up with while I was in Colorado.

She told me that she tried having sex with River.

And she told me that she was pregnant....

And that I was without a doubt the father.

There was so much going on.

River was missing, Lindsay was pregnant, Mark was on the lose,  and I was possibly the father of three kids.

I just wish I could've went back a year ago to before all of this started.

When everything was normal.

Back when Lindsay and I simply flirted but weren't dating.

Back when River was a player and the only trouble he got in was with girls.

Back when Jordan freaked out over being a starter in football instead of becoming a dad.

Back when Cassidy had the cutest crush on me and blushed whenever someone called her out on it.

Back when my biggest concern was keeping AJ out of the police department for blowing up pregnant ladies' cars.

Back when Reese was still alive.

I know its crazy to think about but there's a part of me that believes that if Reese were still alive all of this would just fix itself.

I know its not true but its the only thing keeping me sane.

With everything that's going on, I'm surprised I haven't had a break down.

To be honest I'm only holding myself together for Cassidy. I know that she sees me as some sort of person that always makes everything okay and keeps everything in order when chaos wreaks havoc. Truth be told though, I can't make everything okay.

I can't make this okay for her.

But I know if I tell her that then she'll lose the little bit of hope that she's holding on to.

I don't even know why I'm still stressing myself out over her.

She doesn't have feelings for me.

Me and her aren't ever gonna work out.

I really do want her though.

Sure River told his wife that he was in love with Cassidy way before I told Lindsay but you have to look at it from my perspective.

He's only known Cass for a year. And when he told Allison about her, Cassidy was already sprung over him so he was gonna win her over either way.

I've known her for nearly her whole life. Her brother is my bestfriend. After all of these years I finally caught feelings for her which was hard for me to accept because I always thought of her as a sister growing up. Weird huh. So of course it was gonna be 10x's harder for me to tell Lindsay than it was for River to tell Allison. He already had Cass wrapped around his finger whereas I told Lindsay that day not knowing if Cassidy would fall into my arms or not.