Chapter 180: Problems

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"It has to mean something!" I yelled at Ca'sius who I'd called over after Rome, Gray, and Amanda told me about the situation.

"Our powers are strong Cassidy but not strong enough to bring someone back to life."

"That's the thing though he didn't die! And you guys know that because you're helping him hide!"

"You're being irrational."

I turned to Sehrem in complete sternness.

"Sehrem, is he alive? Do not lie to me. You even said yourself that I trust you, give me another reason to."

"He's not Cassidy. I'm sorry. I wouldn't lie to you." He replied. "You watched him get buried just as we did."

"But my son isn't crazy. No matter what anyone says."

"We're not saying he's crazy. We're just saying that he didn't see his father."

"Unless-" Sehrem began but then abruptly stopped.

"Unless what?" I asked.

He and Ca'sius looked at eachother.

"Kaiser buddy can you come here for a second." Sehrem called out. Seconds later Kaiser came running into the house from the backyard.

"Hi uncle Sehrem. Hi Ca'sius."

"So your mom told us that you've been experiencing something strange..." Said Sehrem getting straight to the point.

Kaiser looked at me uncomfortably then back at Sehrem and Ca'sius.

"Yea..." He solemnly replied.

"Wanna tell us what it is?"

"You're not gonna believe me."

"I just might."

Kaiser looked as if he really didnt wanna explain but eventually gathered himself together.

"Well..." He began. "I talked to my dad."

"When?"

"The day before his funeral."

"Where were you?"

"I was just in bed, staring at the ceiling then he walked in."

"What did he say to you?"

"A lot. And he said that I'd see him again soon."

"Hm..." Both Sehrem and Ca'sius retorted simultaneously..

"Am I done here?" Asked Kai. "I've gotta get back to schooling Logan in soccer."

"Go ahead." I chuckled.

He hugged me then ran back outside.

"Why do you two look like you know something that I don't?" I asked.

"He's a lot stronger than we anticipated." Ca'sius explained. "Not only is he inheriting powers from his father but also from his aunts/uncles; specifically Simartè. The mental connection of which she had with her brother was unexplainable. Kaiser also has that connection with Apollo it seems."

"Meaning?" I cluelessly questioned.

"Meaning he didnt actually see him." Sehrem stated. "But rather he saw him within something similar to a vision. Visions seem completely real and sometimes you can't tell the difference between a vision and reality. And it takes someone with the ability to see said visions and a strong interpersonal connection to communicate with the deceased."

"So he was talking to River's- ghost?"

"No. He was talking to his father. His presence was real but he spoke to him through his mind not in reality. Its a very powerful gift. A gift of which Simartè obtained when she was a teenager. " Said Ca'sius.

"You guys told me that his powers wouldn't kick in until he got older."

"Correct." Sehrem retorted. "However, as we mentioned before, he's stronger than we anticipated. Before now, my father and Apollo were the only ones that'd gotten their powers as a child. The normal age is 14. But Kaiser's gift began to emerge when he was only 3 years old. Meaning when he gets older he will be powerful. Unimaginably powerful. Which is dangerous because more power requires a stronger sense of self control which is very difficult when it comes to our kind."

"Yet Kaiser still can't know?"

"No he can't."

"Then how am I supposed to explain this to him? How am I supposed to tell him that his dad really is dead and that he only saw him in his head? He's gonna think that I don't believe him."

"I'll talk to him." Said Sehrem. "Don't worry about it."

The fact that he told me not to worry about it made me worry about it even more.

...

Lindsay's P.O.V.

"You don't understand." I said to Cass who I'd called a bit ago.
Max came home finally two nights ago but it was like watching a stranger walk into my house.

Do you know what its like to not recognize your own husband?

"He'll come around." Said Cassidy.

"He doesn't even talk to me. He's only talked to me once in two days. Plus, I think he's seeing someone else..."

"Really? What makes you think that?"

"He called me Kate...."

"That doesn't necessarily mean he's seeing someone else."

"And he asked for a divorce..."

"WHAT!?" She practically yelled. "ARE YOU KIDDING!?"

"I wish... And he's been drinking since he got back.... Max has never drank this much. He's not even trying to push on from River's death. At this point its like he died with him.... I just need a break from reality."

"Sehrem, Simartè and I are going out for lunch tomorrow. You should come."

"I don't know. I don't think Sehrem likes me."

"Why wouldn't he like you?"

"I don't know... I just feel like he doesnt."

"I doubt he has a problem with you. Just come with us tomorrow. You don't have a choice. I'll pick you up at 2."

"Okay."

Sehrem totally had a problem with me.