Chapter 66

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I went downstairs to the basketball court where I was met with the adorable sight of Legend playing basketball with Rome and Grayson.

That was the first time I'd came out of River's room for two days.

Max, AJ, Sonny, Ryan, and Jordan went home of course while I stayed at the house with Xander and the others. Legend was spending the night for the rest of the week just to watch over things until River came back.

If he came back.

"Morning sunshine.... You look horrible." Legend stated.

"Well thanks for that lovely confidence booster." I replied as I sat down on the bench.

"Goodmorning kit-kat." Said Rome and Grayson as they came over to hug me.

"Goodmorning cuties. Having fun beating uncle Legend at basketball?"

They excitedly nodded their heads yes and went back to playing as Legend sat down next to me.

After sitting in silence for a while I popped the question that'd been in my mind for the past 5 days.

"Why would he do this?"

He hooked his arm around mine and looked at me.

"He's River. That's why."

I mean, he had a good point.

"Its almost been a week though. Where could he possibly be?"

"We've looked everywhere Cassie. All we can do is wait for him to come back."

"But.... What if he doesn't?"

"He will. You know he will."

"I'm just scared. If something's happened to him I'm not gonna ever be able to get over it. I can't even imagine how devasted I'd be."

"You'll be fine Cass."

"No I wont. I've been in his bed for the past two days crying my eyes out because he's missing... If something worse has happened to him I'd be 1000 times worse. . I miss him so much."

"We all do." He sighed.

"I miss him holding me and comforting me during times like this. Now all I have is his fucking pillow to hug."

"I miss listening to him be an asshole and going off on strangers for the smallest things everyday."

I laughed at his comment. I'm sure everyone missed that.

"I'm sorry." I said afterwards which threw him off.

"Sorry for what?" He asked.

"Everything." I replied. "I know it must be weird with me being in love with your brother even though you and I were together first."

He chuckled and lifted my chin so that I'd look at him.

"Its fine." He said with a smile. "If anything I'm the one that should be apologizing because after all, I was the one that cheated on you. And to be honest, I hate that I lost you. I regret it so much. And I hated River for a while for taking you away from me. But then when you guys got back from Colorado I forgave him. I saw how much you made him smile. I saw how crazy he was about you. I saw how much he was changing. The look in his eyes when he stared at you made me realize that he needed you way more than I did. As cliché as it sounds, you're his kryptonite. You make him vulnerable. He's not afraid to let his guard down when he's with you. Not only do you make him stronger but you also make him weaker emotionally. Throuought basically his entire life he's been emotionally strong. Too strong in fact. So strong that he doesn't even remember what it feels like to cry. He needs you to show him that its okay to let all of that emotion out. He needs you by his side because he'll always be by yours. Even if you're not together anymore. I know he misses you a lot more than you miss him. I've never known someone to affect him as much as you have. You give him a purpose to life. He needs you."