Chapter 90: The Silent Treatment

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Its been two days, can you please stop giving me the silent treatment?"

He looked at me, bit into his apple, then walked out into the backyard.

"Oh come on. You have to talk to me eventually." I said as I followed him outside.

"He'll come around eventually." Said Julie, Reese's sister. "He's just trying to prove a point."

"I know." I sighed. "So are you ready for the wedding?"

"Beyond ready." She replied.

"Must be nice."

Julie was getting married Saturday to her boyfriend of 4 years, Jack.

"I want you and Lindsay to help me on my wedding day." She added. "As my bridesmaids."

"Whoa really?"

"Yes. River and Max were so close to Reese. I've known them since the day I was born so they're pretty much my brothers. That kinda makes you two my sisters by default." She laughed. "It'd mean a lot."

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "I'm sure Lindsay wont mind either."

"Thank you so much. I've gotta get going. I have to meet up with the catering company at 4. I'll text the address to meet me at Tuesday so that you two can get fitted for the dresses."

"Sounds great!" I said pretty psyched that I was gonna be a bridesmaid.

"Hey River!" She called out.

River stopped chasing Rome, Gray, and Amanda long enough to come over.

"Leaving already?" He asked Julia.

"Yea. I have to meet up with caterers at 4."

"Ready for your big day huh."

"Extremely." She happily stated. "It seems so far away even though its less than a week from now."

"I bet it does." He replied. "Just remember, you don't have to go through with this if you feel like he's rushing you into it."

"River I appreciate the concern but this was a mutual decision. We're both ready to take our relationship to the next step."

"Uh huh don't forget I still wanna have a little talk with him before you walk down that aisle."

"As long as you promise not to threaten him."

"That's the point though. I have to invoke a little fear in him so that he wont try anything stupid."

She laughed at his comment and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks for your concern. See you Saturday. Oh and are you sure you don't mind taking Amanda home?"

"Not at all. She's having fun with Grayson and Rome and I wouldn't wanna cut that short."

"Well alright. See you soon!"

After she left River winked at me then went back towards the kids.
"Babe!" I yelled.

I hated this silent treatment thing he was doing.

He ran towards the kids and threw Grayson into the air, catching him as Gray laughed insanely.

Meanwhile Rome and Amanda were wrapped around his leg.

It was such a cute sight.

"Cassidy?"

I turned and saw Maracel standing in the doorway.

"Can you come and help me with the babies?"

"Oh of course." I stated.