Chapter 121: Pain

Legend's P.O.V.

"Dude just admit it, you suck now." River said as we made our way back inside.

"No." I refused. "I haven't played soccer in years. I'm a bit rusty."

"Neither have I! In fact I'm sure its been longer since I've played than you have. Yet I still managed to kick your ass."

"Okay but you've always been better than me in soccer..."

"Doesn't change the fact that even Rome scored more goals than you did."

Logan, Rome and Gray high fived eachother and laughed.

"Its okay uncle Legend." Rome began. "Letting a 5 year old beat you isn't the worst thing in the world."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"It is when that 5 year old just so happens to be my arrogant and narcissistic nephew."

"Suck it up buttercup." He replied.

Before I could say anything else we were approached by Journey and Lindsay.

"Ooo hot, sweaty, shirtless guys.... My favorite." Lindsay stated.

"Stop." Journey retorted.

"What? Just because they're your brothers doesn't mean I can't call them hot."

"They're not hot. They're fucking ugly as hell." She remarked. "And they smell like sweat."

I chuckled as River grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

"Let me go idiot!" She yelled. "YOU'RE RUBBING YOUR SWEAT ALL OVER MY FACE!"

"I'm just showing you just how much I love you." He replied as he hugged her tighter.

"Jonah stop!!!! This is disgusting!"

"I caaant. I feel so attached to you."

"You're doing this on purpose you asshole!"

"Doing what? Showing my little sister that I care about her deeply?"

Before he could react she stomped on his foot and punched him straight in the nuts.

He immediately dropped to his knee in pain.

"I probably deserved that." He managed to say through gritted teeth as his face turned cherry red. "Sleep with one eye open tonight." He warned.

She smiled evilly as she and Lindsay left while I had to help River up.

"What does that feel like?" Grayson asked.

"Getting hit in the nuts?" Asked River. "Lets just say I've gotten into knife fights that hurt less."

"What about that time when you backflipped off the balcony at home and dislocated your ankle?" Roman asked.

"There's no pain as bad as getting hit down under."

"Really? Mommy said the same thing about heartbreak."

River chuckled slightly then looked away, clearly uneased.

"Yea, that's definitely the worse kind of pain."

He then left and went to the living-room.

"Hey, Rome, Gray, Logan, why don't you three go upstairs and get cleaned up."

The nodded their heads okay then raced upstairs while I followed River.

I walked into the living-room and saw him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands as I sat next to him.