Chapter 56

Jordan's P.O.V.

20 minutes later we pulled up to a warehouse.

As soon as we got out of the car River walked up to us clearly not very happy with our decision to follow them.

"Go back. Now." He sternly said while looking dead into my eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders and poked out my lips.

"Oops well it looks like they don't want us here. Lets go Cass and Lindsay."

I was about to walk away but they both grabbed onto my arms preventing me from moving any further.

"I tried." I mouthed to River.

"Cassidy, I don't want you here. Nor do I want you two here. Please just go home." He pretty much begged.

"Now." Max added as he walked up, the gun still in his hand.

"I'm not letting you two do this." Cassidy stated. "You can't."

"I don't remember asking for your permission." River replied. "This is something we have to do. Its the only way I'm gonna be able to keep you and Rome and Grayson safe.... And our babies."

"So putting yourself in danger is your way of protecting us? If that's the case, I DON'T WANT YOU DOING THIS." She yelled.

"Relax, I promise I'm not gonna die.... Yet."

"See when you say shit like that it makes me nervous!"

"I'm kidding. But I swear I'll see you later tonight. Nothing's gonna happen to me or Max. Just go home."

"Only if you promise me one thing..." She said.

"And that is?"

"Blairwood.... I wanna know about Blairwood."

He stared at her for a few seconds then slowly turned his head towards Max. Max stared back at him with the same look of worry on his face.

River turned back towards her and sighed.

"Fine... I'll tell you everything."

I was so lost. What the hell was a Blairwood?

She took a step closer to him and looked at him with all seriousness then said: "Please, be careful."

And with that the three of us went back to the car as Max and River made their way into the warehouse.

Little did I know, that day was the start of many bad things to come.

***************************
Back in Colorado

Andrew's P.O.V.

This doesn't make sense. He was diagnosed with brain cancer but now somehow there isn't any sign of a tumor anywhere. He literally had zero treatment.

I threw my pen down to the otherside of the kitchen table in frustration and sighed while attempting to wrap my head around my current dilemma.

I was given the task of solving a nearly impossible problem.

"Let Dr. Monroe handle it." My boss's words from earlier today echoed in my head. "He's the best we've got around. He knows exactly what he's doing. This'll be a piece of cake for him." I mocked her words.

I heard footsteps approaching from behind me and I turned around to see my wife.

"Hey sweetheart. What are you doing up so late? It's nearly two in the morning."

She sat down in the chair next to me and scooted up closer to the table.

"Just have a lot of things on my mind."

"Such as?" I curiously asked.

The look on her face told me that something was bothering her.

I put my papers back into the folder and placed all of my attention on her.

"What's going on?"

She grabbed my hand and closed her eyes.

"Promise you wont get angry when I tell you.... And you wont tell Cassidy that I told you."

I raised an eyebrow as my concern grew.

"What's this about?"

"Promise first." She said.

"I promise." I gave in.

"Andrew, our daughter is pregnant."

I laughed. A lot harder than she expected.

"Honey, tell me what's really going on." I insisted.

She looked at me in all seriousness letting me know that she wasn't joking.

"Wait.... Really?"

She nodded her head yes.

"How long have you known?"

"4 months...." A look of uneasiness spread across her face.

"So you're telling me that our daughter.... Our only daughter... Has been pregnant for 4 months and I'm just now finding out..." I stated trying to keep my temper down. "Why didn't you tell me when you found out?"

"Because Cassidy didn't want me to. She didn't even tell me, I found the pregnancy test in the trashcan in her room."

"Let me guess.... That 'River' guy got her pregnant?"

"Andrew, River's not just some guy."

"We barely know anything about the guy! We've never even met his family!"

"You gave him permission to be with Cassidy."

"But I didn't give him permission to knock her up!"

"Dad, Cassidy loves him."

We both turned to face the source of the voice and saw Riley standing at the end of the table.

"We have to accept that. YOU have to accept that." He continued.

"I dont trust him! Like I said, we barely know anything about him!" I argued.

"Well I trust him. And I know alot about him. The only reason why you dont know anything is because you didn't try to get to know him when he was here. You were only concerned with making sure he didn't get too touchy with Cassidy. Meanwhile, I actually got to know him a lot. And I honestly trust him more than any of Cassidy's others boyfriends."

"What makes him so trustworthy?"

"River's a good guy. When me, him, and Cass were at a store, a man threatened to fight me and River took up for me. He had my back. And I can relate so much to him. He gave me advice about baseball, staying healthy, and girls... 3 of my favorite things. And he cares about Cass soooo much. I could tell by the way he always looked her and smiled when she did something idiotically stupid. He'd risk his life for her. Isn't that the kind of guy you always wanted for Cassidy? A guy that would do any and everything for her well-being and happiness?"

"I dont care if Cassidy was dating Jesus Christ himself.... She's only 19.... Getting pregnant isn't something she should be doing!"

"Being ignorant and controlling of your adult daughter isn't something you should be doing." He shot back then made his way upstairs.

Teenagers.