Chapter 124: Runaways

*A/N* please read!!!

So I recently received my FIRST complaint about the book... *tear*.

The first part of the complaint was that there are too many stories within this story. I did that on purpose for three reasons:

1) I know the book is literally called "River" but even before I began writing it I already had in my head the idea that I wasnt just gonna base the book solely around him. I wanted to branch it out to those around him. I named this book "River" because its not only about a girl falling in love with her professor but its also about how her life changes because of him as well as how he affects the lives of everyone around him. Meeting Cassidy was just the beginning of things to happen. So of course there are gonna be different stories within it.

2) If you've really paid attention to this book you'd realize that every individual 'story' within it connects to one another. Literally everything connects. Even if there was a random incident within it, I promise you it ALL connects. And that's for a reason. So yea there are a few different stories within this but its only because they are necessary for me to build onto the story and the situation with River. If you feel as if there is still something that hasn't been explained (with the exception of who River really is and yada yada yada) just comment or message me and ask me and I'll explain it to you.

3) I've introduced different stories to bring about CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. For example, when River and Max went out for vengeance after Reese's death, it was to show the violent nature of River. But later on in the story when River backed out of killing Mark, the person who basically ruined his life, it was to show how that violent nature of his is starting to dwindle. Every little scenario represents character development.

The second part of the complaint was that it isn't very realistic....

I have a huge problem with this one.

For one, if you actually took the time to read the description of the story you'd see that at the bottom it literally says "A WORK OF FICTION".... This story is completely fictional.... Like come on, I never said once that it'd be realistic. ITS JUST A STORY meaning I could add freaking unicorns and leprechauns if I wanted to (which I'm not but still). So if you have a problem with the fictional aspect of this story then I advise you NOT to read my next book that's gonna be based around Kaiser because its gonna be even more "fictional" than this one. I've already started on it and there's no way I'm changing it because its not "realistic".

Anyways, I hope you guys kinda understand now. If you have ANY questions or are confused about something PLEASE message me or ask me in the comments because I wanna clear up any confusion you might have.

ENJOY!
******************************
Elise's P.O.V.

We called for an uber but this time we made sure we got a confirmation that the car was in fact our uber before we got inside.

"Where to?" The man asked with a very strong French accent.

"The heart of Paris." I stated.

He drove us downtown and after we got out of the car we were met with the overwhelming presence of life.

"I can't believe I'm actually standing in the middle of Paris..." Said Maddy.

"So where to first?" Asked Riley.

"I don't know. I was thinking we could just venture around."

"This is awesome." Said Logan. "There are so many lights."