Chapter 50: Bundle of Joys

*3 months later*

"TWINS?!" I yelled after the doctor gave me the results of the ultrasound.

I looked over at Jordan in shock. Clearly he was just as shocked as I was because he was frozen in place and had his mouth hanging wide open.

I looked at the doctor again hoping he'd say "Just kidding!" or "Gotcha!" but unfortunately he didn't. In fact, there wasn't an ounce of playfulness on his face.

"Fuck." I said as I laid my head in my hands.

"Not what you were expecting huh?" The doctor asked me.

"Nope. Not at all." I defeatedly stated. "So what am I having? Girls? Boys?"

He looked back at the ultrasound and glared for a few seconds then turned back around with a smile.

"Looks like you're having a baby boy and girl."

That made me smile. Mainly because while I wanted a girl, River preferred a boy. Now we'd both get what we wanted. But then my smile quickly faded.

What would River think when I tell him that I'm having twins?

Why do the worst possible situations get thrown at me?

"Would you mind giving my friend and I a bit of alone time?" I asked the doctor.

"Sure thing." He replied as he took his gloves off and left the room.

"You have to tell him." Jordan immediately said as he stood up from the chair and walked over to where I was laying. He knew exactly what was on my mind before I could even tell him.

"I know. Its just that, I was a nervous wreck when I first told him that I was pregnant. But instead of one kid its two now."

"You know he's not gonna have a problem with that." Jordan assured me. But he was wrong.

"Jordan, you dont understand. When I asked him what to do about Grayson's sister he literally said that he wasn't ready for four kids and that it'd be too much pressure on him."

He stared at me as if he didn't know what to do next. I couldn't blame him though, I didn't know what to do either.

"Call him."

"No. Not yet."

"Just do it and get it out of the way." He insisted. "In fact, tell him to come up here."

I sighed and pulled out my phone to call River. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hey bien aime what's up?" He greeted.

"Oh nothing... you busy?" I asked.

"A little."

"Oh well then, we can talk about it some other time then." I quickly responded.

"Hey, I'm never too busy for you Cass. What's going on?" He asked.

"No no no, you're busy. It can wait." I insisted.

Jordan pinched my arm and glared at me.

I groaned then proceeded to talk.

"Can you come up to the hospital please?"

"The one I work at? Why are you at the hospital? Something wrong? You didn't hurt yourself did you?" He asked me a million questions as if he was my dad which made me laugh a little.

"Just come up here, please. I'm in room 1104." I said.

"Alright. I'll be there in a few minutes."