Chapter 114: Wait what?

Madison's P.O.V.

Satan led us to a room in the far back that looked similar to a basement.

Once inside, he turned on the lights and opened the door to a giant cage.

The three of just stood there, staring at it.

"I'm not going in there

"I'm not going in there..." Riley stated.

"Yes you are." Satan laughed as he grabbed Riley's shoulder and pushed him inside. "Do I need to escort you two ladies inside as well?"

Elise and I glanced at him then at the cage, really not wanting to go in.

"Well then...." He began as he reached for us.

Elise swatted his hand away and said in all seriousness: "Touch me and I'll bite your middle finger off and shove it down your throat."

Satan laughed then took a step back as we walked in.

He shut the cage door and latched it so that there was no way we could get out.

"I'll be back to check on you three in a few hours. Go ahead and make yourselves at home."

Elise spit at him and it landed right on his cheek.

"My dad's gonna kill you." She said.

He stepped towards the cage until he was standing so close to it that the only thing preventing his nose and Elise's nose from touching was the cage itself.

"Your eyes...." He said with an eyebrow slightly raised. "I know those eyes from a mile away."

"What are you talking about?" She asked as she took a step back.

"You're the daughter of Apollo.... Aren't you? Oh wow, I've hit the jackpot."

"Who the hell is Apollo?"

"Oh man... There's A LOT you don't know..."

"Dude what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Its not really my business to tell so I shouldn't."

"Your cannibal ass is gonna eat us anyway so what does it matter if you tell us or not." Riley stated.

"I eat to survive." Satan remarked.

"You know, it doesn't take eating your own species to survive."

"I don't consider myself human. Humans are a disgrace."

"DUMBASS YOU FUCKING EAT PEOPLE! IF ANYONE'S A DISGRACE ITS YOU!"

"Whoa whoa calm down little guy. No need to get all riled up."

"Riley calm down." I said. "He's just trying to get to you."

"She's smart." Replied Satan. "Now as I said before, I'll be back down here in a few hours."

He winked at us then checked the lock once again.

Elise was still standing and staring at Satan with something clearly on her mind.

"Can I help you buttercup?" He asked her.

"My dad's name isn't Apollo." She retorted.

"Your father is River... Isn't it? River Carson?" He asked.

"Yea..."

"Hm. I won't give away too much but I'll at least tell you a little." He began. "Your dad... The one that you know as River.... His name's Apollo."

"No... Its not." She argued.

"How do you even know River?" I asked. "You don't work for that Peter guy do you?"

"Nope."

"Do you work for my grandpa?" Asked Elise.

"Mark? No."

"How do you know him then.... And how do you know I was talking about that grandpa. I could've meant my dad's dad."

He looked at her and laughed.

"Elliott's not your grandfather."

Then he left. Leaving all three of us in confusion.
...............................................
River's P.O.V.

After going for a late night run I came back inside to the worried faces of Max and Cassidy.

"Have you seen Riley, Elise, and Madison?" Max asked. "I went upstairs to make sure the kids were in bed but I didn't see those three."

"Did you check the whole house?" I asked.

"Every room." Cassidy said. "They're not in here."

"Why would they leave this late? Its 3 in the morning."

"I asked myself the same thing." Max retorted.

"I'll found out where they are. I put a tracker on Elise's phone a few months ago."

"You put a tracker on her phone?" Cass asked.

"Mark's her grandfather.... Of course I did."

I attempted to locate her phone but something wasn't letting the connection go through.

"What is it?" Max asked after seeing the confused expression on my face.

"Something's blocking her location... Either that or she's somewhere where there isn't any signal."

"Don't you know how to bypass things like that?"

"Yea. But still, the reason why its not going through concerns me."

After about 5 minutes of screwing up and starting over I finally managed to get an insight on their location.

As soon as it popped up my mouth dropped open.

My entire body froze and went completely numb.

"What? Where are they?" Cassidy asked though I couldn't do anything but stare at the screen.

"River?" Max said trying to get my attention.

"Oh my god..." I said as I dropped my phone and ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

Max picked it up and looked at it to see what the problem was. And when he did he realized why exactly I was acting the way I was.

"No...." He remarked. "No no no this is bad."

"What's bad?" Asked Cassidy as she looked down at the phone.

"They're in the middle of a forest..." He answered.

"IN THE MIDDLE OF A WHAT?!" She shouted. "Why would they be in the middle of a forest!? How do you even know that's where they are? All it says is that they're at a random highway intersection." She looked at the phone closer, trying to make out what Max and I was seeing. "It doesnt show a forest on here."

"Its complicated." Max replied.

Meanwhile it was taking every bit of the little self control I had to not punch a wall.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I failed at my attempt to surpress my anger and punched the closest wall.

"Why's River freaking out?" Cass asked Max. "Why is this so bad???"

"They shouldn't be there." I stated through gritted teeth. "That particular forest- they just shouldn't be there."

"Why not?"

I grabbed my shirt off of the chair and threw it on then grabbed my keys.

"Because that forest doesn't exist." I said as Max and I walked out the door.