Chapter 12: Reality Check

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I went upstairs to the bathroom and to be completely honest, I got lost as soon as I made it up the stairs. I remember Legend told me the bathroom was at the very back and to the right but there were so many twists and turns it was ridiculous. So instead of looking stupid and asking for help I decided to try my luck and find the bathroom myself.

Of course I failed even more.

I opened door after door and only found myself walking into tons of guest rooms. What annoyed me the most was the fact that these people actually had so many rooms.

I finally stopped walking when I saw a small passageway that I assumed led to the bathroom but before I could reach it I found myself being pulled away and pinned against a wall with my hands above my head.

I closed my eyes not knowing what to expect.

Before I could even process what had just happened I felt soft lips pressed against mine.

I opened my eyes which met a set of piercing blue ones with a touch of gray looking down at me. I quickly found myself lost in the set of eyes. They were the only things I could look at. Its like I was hypnotized. I felt like I was on cloud 9... like I could walk on water.

Walk on water....

Water....

River....

I was suddenly pulled out of my daze when I heard him speak.

His voice gave me chills.

But what gave me chills the most were the words that came out of his mouth.

"What are you doing Cassidy?" He asked with a grin.

"Huh? Wha- what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"Why are you here?"

"Be- because... I- I-"

"Save it." He stated. "You do know that I'm not gonna let my brother have you right?"

I couldn't move. I couldn't even speak. I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. It didn't help that he kept talking.

"Don't get me wrong, I love my little brother to death, but you're mine... and I don't like sharing."

He winked and let go of me then walked away.

I stood there for about 5 minutes before I could actually move. I was in total disbelief. I didn't even have to use the restroom anymore.

I slowly descended downstairs and said goodbye to Elliot and Gabriela.

"It was nice meeting you Cassidy. Hope we see you again." Said Elliot. I smiled and nodded
then went out to Legend's truck and didn't say a word to him the entire drive to our apartments.

He walked me up to my door and kept asking me if I was okay. I tried over and over to reassure him that I was but I don't think he believed me.

"Just call me if you wanna talk about whatever's bothering you." He said as went back to his truck with an obvious look of disappointment on his face.

I felt bad for not telling him what happened but I knew I couldn't.

I still couldn't believe it myself.

I showered and went straight to bed trying to forget what had happened but it seemed impossible for me to.

I really liked Legend, he was extremely sweet. But River... River was such a mysterious guy. There was just something about him that made me feel a way I'd never felt before and I couldn't explain it. Just the thought of him pinning me against the wall gave me butterflies.

I stayed up for what seemed like hours thinking about him but the more I thought about it the more confused I became.

Who was this guy and why was he doing this to me?

******************
A.N.

Updating again tomorrow please rate and comment your thoughts about this one!! thank you!!!