Chapter 48: Blairwood

River's P.O.V.

Okay so lets get this clear for once and for all, I am not playing Cassidy. I repeat I am NOT playing Cassidy. Like I told her before, I stopped trying to manipulate her after she slapped me silly. I really do love her. And she doesn't know it yet (neither does my wife) but I've already filed for a divorce. I did it the day before we left for the camping trip. I plan on telling Allison tonight since she's really not in the mood to talk to me right now. The fact that she's been wanting another kid for two years yet I ran off and got another girl pregnant isn't sitting very well with her. I bet you're wondering why I said those things to Maracel back at my house. Truth is, I'm not really "in love" with Maracel like I said I was. I used to have feelings for her but they've faded completely since I met Cassidy. I just don't have the heart to tell her that considering she's so hooked on me. I know you have more questions and I'll try to answer a few.

Did you really have sex with Allison last night?

Yes I did. But it wasn't because I still have feelings for her. At all. I did it out of frustration... because Cassidy was avoiding me and I needed to take my mind off of it.

Do you still have feelings for your wife?

Yes. I do. Very much so. She is my wife afterall, and I married her for a reason. Even though we've fallen on hard times I still love her. I just don't think that being with her is the right thing for me.

Are you dating anyone else besides Cassidy (with the exception of Allison)?

No. I'm not. I promised her that I was gonna change and I'm keeping that promise.

Do you plan on walking out on her?

Never in a million years.

What if the baby isn't yours?

I don't care if its mine or not. I mean, I'd prefer it to be mine but if its Max's then I still want to help Cassidy raise it. Even if the baby knows that I'm not its father.

Do you want it to be a boy or girl?
As much as I'd love a babygirl, I'd prefer a boy. I'm extremely overprotective of my mom and sister and I've gotten into at least 4 fights with my sister's boyfriends because I've never liked any of them so I know for a fact that if I have a daughter she's gonna hate me because if she ever comes to me with boy problems I'm gonna be tempted to fight because as you've probably noticed, I'm not a very reasonable person. Also, I'm not gonna let her date until she graduates college and I'm gonna force her to wear turtlenecks and mom jeans until she's 18. And plus, girls are harder to raise than boys. In general they complain about everything, are more expensive, and more emotionally unstable. Don't argue with me on this, I'm a doctor.

And finally...

Do you actually plan on marrying Cassidy?

Yes. I do. I'm a man of my word. I still don't think she believes me even though I say it all the time. Its okay though, when all of this mess gets sorted out and settled down I'll catch her off guard and propose. Just wait...

Now, as for what happened after my little confession to Cassidy, things didnt go as I thought they would.

For one, I honestly expected Allison to try to kill me. A year ago, when she found out I was cheating on her with her boss she chased me around the house with her flat irons trying to burn me.

This time though she just kinda shrugged it off and went back to our campsite without saying a word. We all followed her soon after and there was this really awkward silence between us all. When we got back to the tents Max pulled me aside and asked to talk to me. I agreed so we walked over to the beginning of a trail and went for a little walk.