Chapter 63

Max's P.O.V.

"Its been three days! Where the hell could he be?!" I asked Legend who hadn't seen River either.

Ever since the day he caught Cassidy and I no one had seen him; not even Rome and Grayson.

"I think we should file a missing person's report." Said Cassidy.

"River's not in danger. I know he's not." I stated.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because even though we're not on the best terms right now he'd never do anything dangerous without letting me know first."

"But what if he did?" Asked Jordan.

"He didn't!" I assured them.

"You dont know that Max." AJ stated.

"I think we should file a missing person's report too. Just to be safe." Sonny insisted.

"We can't get the cops involved. Even if River's in danger he wouldn't want the cops involved." I said.

"Then what do we do?" Legend asked.

Everyone was looking to for me for answers. I honestly didn't know.

The front door opened and Lindsay walked in much to my surprise.

We hadn't talked since "that day" either.

"I think I can help." She said with a bit of uneasiness.

She spoke softer than usual and she didn't look the best. I knew these past few days had been hard on her just by looking at her.

"He came over to my place Friday evening. We talked for a while and then he left. He said he needed a drink."

"Please tell me you didn't just say that he went to have a drink..." I remarked.

"He did." She stated. "I tried to stop him but you know how River is. He doesn't listen to anyone."

"Fuck." I mumbled.

"What's wrong with him going to have a drink?" Sonny asked.

"He's went to rehab twice for being an alcoholic and he's not even 30 yet. He was sober for 4 years." I said.

"Maybe he just had one drink. Maybe he's okay." Cass said with hope.

"Thats the thing. River doesn't just have one drink. He has ten. Then he does stupid shit."

"What do you mean?" Cassidy and Jordan asked simultaneously.

"I mean that when River's sober, he already has a bad ass temper. When he gets drunk its 1000x's worse. Lindsay you should have called me when he said that."

"I wasnt thinking." She said.

"Clearly." I mumbled. I grabbed my keys and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Ryan asked.

"To look for him. There's no telling where he is. He wouldn't just leave for three days and not even check in on Rome and Grayson. Something's wrong."

"I'll come with you." Sonny said.

"I think it'd be best if I went alone."

"Oh come on, I wanna help." He insisted.

I thought about it for a second then gave in.

"Fine."

"Me too." Jordan and Legend said at the same time.

"Count me in." Lindsay added.

"Well okay then. Cassidy, AJ, and Ryan, you three go over to his place and watch over the kids until we get back." I told them.

As everyone started to walk out of the door I grabbed AJ's arm and pulled him back.

"Listen to me." I said quiet enough so that only AJ could hear me. "You're in charge when you guys get to River's house is that understood? Dont open the door for anyone that isn't someone you know. You're responsible for keeping everyone in that house safe. If anything happens, call me."

"Why so worried?"

"Just dont question it AJ."

I didn't wanna freak him out so I thought it'd be best if I just ended it at that.

We then left on our search for River.

***************************
A.J.'s P.O.V.

We made it to River's place at about 9:30-ish.

Cassidy unlocked the door and we walked in, soon greeted by Rome, Grayson, and Amanda who had been spending more time with Rome and Gray for the past few weeks. After Reese died River told Tori that Amanda could come over whenever she wanted. Looking after her was sort of River's way of paying back Reese.

"Whoooa." I heard Cassidy say.

I looked over and saw that she was leaning against the wall holding her stomach.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yea, I just felt Kaiser kick pretty hard."

"How do you know it was him?" Ryan smiled.

"Because... Its always him. I think his goal is to make this pregnancy extremely uncomfortable for me. He's a little asshole. Like his dad."

We all laughed but then she stopped all of a sudden and bit her lip.

Ryan and I looked at eachother, pretty confused.

Then a tear fell down her cheek and she took off running up the stairs without saying a word.

That's when I understood.

I wanted to just give her a little time to cool off so Ryan and I went to the mancave and sat on two bean bags.

"So where do you think he is?" He asked.

"Who knows.... River's a mysterious guy. He could be literally anywhere in the world."

"Hm. That's true." He replied. "Well at least I get to spend a bit of time with you."

I looked at him and laughed.

Though he wasn't laughing. He had a small smile but it wasnt a "I'm just kidding smile".

"Oh...yea me too." I joked.

"AJ I'm not kidding." He chuckled. "I like you."

"I like you too. You're a cool person mah dude." I remarked.

"Nooo that's not what I meant." He laughed again.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I meant as in I like you. I think you're really cute."

How was I supposed to react to that?

"Oh...okay. Um...thanks." I nervously said.

"Why are you nervous?"

"I'm not nervous, why would you assume that I'm nervous?"

"Because your face is as red as my shirt..."

He moved closer to me and reached for my hand.

My body turned to cement...

Well, it felt like it at least.

He interlocked his fingers with mine and held onto it.

I bit my lip but didn't pull away.

"Just tell me to stop and I'll stop."

I thought about it as I stared down at our interlocked fingers but I didn't say anything.

A part of me didn't want him to stop.